Sports Personality Of The Year.

Clemdog

Delighted for Jo Pavey getting third place. But I'm really not sure Hamilton deserved it over McIlroy.

Hamilton's car has a huge impact on his Season, but McIlroy's Club's have little impact on his. Rory, for me, definitely had the best Season.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

I think Rory should have won however Lewis also had a fantastic year. I think Lewis possibly won due to his F1 championship win being so recent and also the fact he seemed to overcome a bit of adversity insofar as it seemed that a lot of people within the team wanted Rosberg to win. Maybe a lesser driver would have given up but if anything it seemed to inspire him, and his desire to win, and win at all costs is pretty admirable. 2nd best never seemed an option for him. Also to make a comeback against a very good driver in Rosberg was fantastic.

Having a great car makes such a huge difference and effectively it was only ever a 2 horse race between Lewis and Rosberg. However, given I watch a lot of golf, the depth, strength and quality of golf just now is incredible. Every week literally 100 guys are capable of winning. Therefore, I think that's what adds to Rory's achievements. To have such a successful year against so many talented, young and hungry golfers was incredible. Not winning this though is probably the biggest backhanded compliment Rory can get. He's so good just now that he's expected to win majors as if they are nothing and the scary thing is he probably will better last season. In saying that, considering he won 2 majors, The Bridgestone, BMW, Race to Dubai and Ryder Cup, it's almost unimaginable that he didn't win!

The voting breakdown is even more surprising although I think the winners over the years haven't really been that great to be fair! Hardly anyone voted, Hamilton won with ease and Pavey wasn't too far off 2nd!

B42lpJ0CEAA_UST.jpg

The voting is over such a short amount of time. But that is unreal.

Delighted for Jo Pavey getting third place. But I'm really not sure Hamilton deserved it over McIlroy.

Hamilton's car has a huge impact on his Season, but McIlroy's Club's have little impact on his. Rory, for me, definitely had the best Season.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

You don't remember the Nike clubs fiasco when McIlroy couldn't win a pitch and putt competition? :)