Sponsorship would be oil right.

£380 a second, £22,831 a minute, £32.8 million a day, £1 billion a month, £12+ billion a year.The money being sucked out of Scottish Waters around our coasts.Yet here we are in 2012 begging bowl out to save our National game.What is wrong with the people who run our game?.Since the bonanza began in the 70's and is expected to last for another 30years,we have failed to get major sponsorship from any of the companies who operate there.Does anyone believe that the EPL would have failed in this area if the oil and gas was in English Waters.I don't think so.Time to get rid of the muppets who run our game and bring in people who can generate sponsorship from these companies.The Sky deal is peanuts compared to what could be raised if the Government of Scotland got of it's arse and actually tried to help football instead of using it as means of political point scoring.Minor tax breaks for companies who sponsor the leagues or clubs would be a start.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Scottish government wanted to give us any of the North Sea Oil money, they would need permission from Westminster. Westminster wont give us money to speed up the dualing of the A9 ffs! They wont give us money for Football without a pro-rata share to the FA. The SFA got 50M last year I think and thats good money going into grass roots. Kids are free to attend soccer schools all summer.

I cant see this happening, I'm surprised to see it even suggested, are you a Nationalist?