Let's Sell Out Cup Clash.

hellfirejet

Friday, 03 August 2012 10:22 ( DIRECT FROM OFFICIAL RANGERS WEBSITE )

Let's Sell Out Cup Clash

Written by Neil Smith

ALLY MCCOIST, like every Rangers fan, is excited at the prospect of seeing Rangers back in action at Ibrox on Tuesday night when Gordon Durie’s East Fife are the visitors in the first round of the League Cup.

The manager has hinted that several players could make their home debuts including new signings Ian Black and Dean Shiels so make sure you get your tickets for what is sure to be a big night as the club starts a new chapter in its 140 year history.

Rangers, of course, have won the League Cup 27 times and fans have so many great memories to treasure from famous victories in this tournament.

McCoist himself has nine League Cup winners’ medals from his glittering playing career and he hopes his side can progress through the rounds this season, albeit he knows the Second Division Fifers will provide a tough opening test.

He said: “We’re really looking forward to it, it seems to be have been a long time since we last had a game at Ibrox.

“We had a good victory in the Ramsdens Cup up in Brechin but looking forward to the game against East Fife for a number of reasons.

“It’s our first competitive fixture in a tournament which, over the years, has been pretty good to us.

“I also look forward to welcoming Gordon Durie back to Ibrox.

“He is a great mate of mine and we kept in touch after we stopped playing.

“I count him as a good friend and we spoke literally minutes after the draw was made.

“So it was a dream draw for him and East Fife but for us as well and it should be a great night.

“Our fans have been nothing short of sensational during arguably the toughest time in the club’s history.

“They’ve been fantastic with us all the way and it was the same up at Brechin.

“So I would fully expect them to turn up on Tuesday night against East Fife.

“They’ve made their opinions known over the past three or four months as well and they wanted an end to it all.

“They wanted us back playing football and were happy with SFL 3, we got our wishes now let’s get on with it.

“I’m delighted with the signings we have made, Ian and Dean are very good, competent and solid players in the SPL and, in my opinion, were two of the better players last season.

“We’re delighted they have come to join us and we expect and hope their careers will kick on.

“And of course we have younger players who I have been really please with in recent weeks.

“Macleod, McKay and Crawford have done particularly well but obviously in the coming weeks we hope to see more of the younger lads breaking through and getting a chance to show us what they can do.

“There are exciting times ahead and we’re really up for it.”

Don't miss Tuesday night's action. For East Fife ticket info and to buy click here.

post-57235-0-99856500-1343987541_thumb.p

You can check how there going on the website, was really let down by how much have sold. About 10K max!

The majority of sections still have 'Very good' or 'good' availability, they have only been on sale for a day though so hopefully a lot more will get sold today and over the weekend at the ticket office.

any attendance over 10k against East Fife on a weeknight is amazing IMO.

Just Over 10k after what the Gers have had to endure since February, would be good for that green & white shite mob the other side of the city,but we are the people, making our first return to Ibrox this season,so lets set the tone for the whole season,we have to fill the stadium we must show Scottish football just who the hell they are trying to fuck with,let us show Charles Green exactly what the RANGERS mean to us all. :21: :21: :21: :21: :21: :21: :21: :21: :21: :21: :21: :21: :21:

The majority of sections still have 'Very good' or 'good' availability, they have only been on sale for a day though so hopefully a lot more will get sold today and over the weekend at the ticket office.

I really hope thats the case mate

Judging by the availability I'd say around 8-10k have been sold so far - based on the fact they've only just went on public sale, and we've been queued around Ibrox for half the day (and the fact that many Bears haven't had the chance yet due to work) we've actually got a chance of a sellout.

Asked for Tuesday off for the game and couldn't get it so I quit yesterday.

It was a shitty min wage job to be fair and I'd been thinking about quitting for a while. Final straw n all that. But there was no chance I was missing the first game back at Ibrox after all the uncertainty.

Asked for Tuesday off for the game and couldn't get it so I quit yesterday.

It was a shitty min wage job to be fair and I'd been thinking about quitting for a while. Final straw n all that. But there was no chance I was missing the first game back at Ibrox after all the uncertainty.

Hope you have another job lined up mate. You might end up regretting that decision.