NBA 2013-14 Thread

JamieD

Used to watch a bit but not really paid attention to in the past few years. Watching the Cavs-Magic game just now mind you :lol:

I'll get back to you on my adopted team. I'll make sure they're more successful than my NFL team anyway :lol:

Not really and having a hard time with NBA2k14 too

Haven't played an NBA game since the 90s on the Playstation. The AI wasn't so great back then and all you had to do was get good at sinking three-pointers from deep and you couldn't lose.

Haven't played an NBA game since the 90s on the Playstation. The AI wasn't so great back then and all you had to do was get good at sinking three-pointers from deep and you couldn't lose.

This ones not so easy, I can hardly get a dunk.

Basketball fans love it though, I bought it for the looks.

I tried over summer to choose a team but I couldn't pick one.

Don't really understand American sports that much. Really tried to get into the NFL too and chose the 49ers as my team a few years back, but I don't understand what I'm watching or the way their leagues and divisions work :lol:

Used to watch a bit but not really paid attention to in the past few years. Watching the Cavs-Magic game just now mind you :lol:

I'll get back to you on my adopted team. I'll make sure they're more successful than my NFL team anyway :lol:

I always find choosing a sports team at random problematic, but I figured that Oklahoma made the most sense since they're the newest team in the league. And also Durant is a god and Westbrook is a boss.

As for the NFL, I follow the Bills so I feel your pain.

This ones not so easy, I can hardly get a dunk.

Basketball fans love it though, I bought it for the looks.

I think a lot of people who have never really watched basketball have their perception skewed by Jordan and assume that games are just full of dunks, but it's pretty hard for mortals to just run through a 7 foot defender :lol:

It's a bit like getting into boxing for real after being a Rocky fan and realising that heavyweights spend most of a fight clinching rather than landing sickening clean shots over and over again until the opponent dies :(

I think a lot of people who have never really watched basketball have their perception skewed by Jordan and assume that games are just full of dunks, but it's pretty hard for mortals to just run through a 7 foot defender :lol:

It's a bit like getting into boxing for real after being a Rocky fan and realising that heavyweights spend most of a fight clinching rather than landing sickening clean shots over and over again until the opponent dies :(

Must be like yanks who see footage of Beckhams free kicks and Ronaldo then try to watch a game of soccer and think WTF is this shit.

I always find choosing a sports team at random problematic, but I figured that Oklahoma made the most sense since they're the newest team in the league. And also Durant is a god and Westbrook is a boss.

As for the NFL, I follow the Bills so I feel your pain.

I'm sure I used to have a Clippers vest so I'll say them :lol: A few decent players as well so better than the Rams!

Chose my NFL team when I was a lot younger so it's been easier to follow them than just choosing a team now.

I tried over summer to choose a team but I couldn't pick one.

Don't really understand American sports that much. Really tried to get into the NFL too and chose the 49ers as my team a few years back, but I don't understand what I'm watching or the way their leagues and divisions work :lol:

I still struggle with the play-offs just now and I've been watching a good few years. There's so many rules to confuse you as well so it is tough to get into but enjoyable when you get a decent grasp of it.

I'm sure I used to have a Clippers vest so I'll say them :lol: A few decent players as well so better than the Rams!

Chose my NFL team when I was a lot younger so it's been easier to follow them than just choosing a team now.

Chris Paul is brilliant (tu)

is it a good game because i'm buying a new game tomorrow and wasn't sure whether to go for that or NHL

Aye it's stunning to look at but hard as fuck.

It got a 9/10 on most review websites so if you like basketball games then its a must.

I'm super shite at it though

I was going to post in here about Kevin Durant's 48 point game against the Timberwolves the other day but didn't think anyone was bothering with the thread :lol:

It was the kind of performance that ought to make him MVP this year. 23 points in the fourth quarter after being behind for most of the game. Lebron is the better player but he's not carrying the Heat in the same way Durant is doing for Oklahoma.

Bulls getting rid of Deng makes sense financially - I read it saves them about $20m in Luxury Tax. Boozer and Noah may be on their way out too as they rebuild.

I wish the Lakers made some moves soon. We handicapped ourselves with Bryant's new contract and it hasn't paid off. Another defeat earlier, now 14-20 - so poor.

I was going to post in here about Kevin Durant's 48 point game against the Timberwolves the other day but didn't think anyone was bothering with the thread :lol:

It was the kind of performance that ought to make him MVP this year. 23 points in the fourth quarter after being behind for most of the game. Lebron is the better player but he's not carrying the Heat in the same way Durant is doing for Oklahoma.

Great performance. Carried the team. Wouldn't be remembered in the same light if Kevin Love hadn't fucked it for the 'Wolves though.