Your England World Cup Squad

Noticed there's a vote going on on the SkySports Facebook page just now where you can vote for your England Squad

Based on those votes so far the squad the fans want is

Foster, Forster, Hart

Johnson, Walker, Jones, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Shaw

Sterling, The Ox, Gerrard, Milner, Barkley, Henderson, Lallana, Wilshire, Lampard

Rooney, Welbeck, Lambert, Sturridge

It actually seems like a decent squad to me although I wouldn't take Walker. I would drop him for another centre half, probably Stones.

It would be really harsh on Barry to miss out too. He's been exceptional this season but who do you drop him for?

On paper this team could actually be decent

Hart

Johnson

Cahill

Jagielka

Baines

Sterling

Gerrard

Henderson

Wilshire

Lallana

Sturridge

But there's no way Hodgson would play such an attacking team and there is no way Rooney doesn't start as first choice centre forward.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd leave Cole at home.

Baines is undoubted first choice now and will play if fit. Even if he's not then Shaw has played enough football for his age to be trusted to start against anybody.

I'd also say that considering everybody is calling this WC even more of write off than usual I think looking to the future Shaw would benefit from the experience more than Cole will.

I would change

Ruddy for Foster

Ashley Cole (who was excellent the other night) for Walker

There are plenty of attacking midfielders there so maybe take another central defender (Stones?) for Welbeck, who will likely be sat on the bench most of the time anyway.

I'd leave Cole at home.

Baines is undoubted first choice now and will play if fit. Even if he's not then Shaw has played enough football for his age to be trusted to start against anybody.

I'd also say that considering everybody is calling this WC even more of write off than usual I think looking to the future Shaw would benefit from the experience more than Cole will.

To be fair one decent result on match day one and very few will be treating it as a write off

I don't see how this England team is weaker than the sides they had for the last 2 tournaments (euros and World Cup). They have far more many players on form this year (mostly due to Liverpool), whilst players like baines and sturridge could be argued to be almost world class currently.

Think England will make semis, this is a team this year, rather than a bunch of individuals

1. Hart

13. Forster

22. Foster

2. Johnson

12. Walker

3. Baines

21. Cole

6. Cahill

5. Jagielka

15. Caulker

16. Jones

4. Gerrard