Chelsea team v Liverpool

Sounds like Jose is keen to prioritise the second leg of the Atletico tie on Sunday, albeit he seems to be hinting he'd only do it with the club's permission.

What would you do? I can see where he's coming from, I think Chelsea blew it last week, can't see both Liverpool and City dropping the points required, and Chelsea already have two key injuries to contend with without risking more. On the other hands there could be a lot of regret if they do collapse the last few matches and Chelsea didn't do everything they could to gain those three points on Liverpool. And there's of course the very big chance they won't get through to the final anyway, even if they lost the final it may not seems worth it in a sense.

He's probably between a rock and a hard place but I think i'd still be putting out as strong a team as I could at Anfield.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's classic Jose mind games at their finest.

If they field a weaker side, yet beat Liverpool, it'll massively shake liverpools confidence for the final games. If they lose, he can say he wasn't bothered as was focusing on the CL.

They'll line up with some changes sure, but you'd be a fool to think any side he puts out couldn't win. Liverpool are tactically a very different side to atleti, meaning he'd likely change things anyways. But this way, should they win, he can also say he did it with his second team

Liverpool have basically won the league. Its theirs. Chelsea wont even care about finishing 2nd right now and they'll care even less after the cl game next week regardless of the result. City will finish runners up now, Chelsea 3rd and Everton/Arsenal, probably Everton, will finish well behind in 4th.

Reserve team on Sunday. CL's the priority.

Weak team will lose to Liverpool.

"Strong team", if you can call it that with the players missing, will lose to Atletico.

Poor season by Jose's standards and it will come to a head when Abramovich overrules him in the transfer market over their choice of striker and the Special One will be heading for pastures new in the summer.

Bold prediction I know...

I used to like Jose but he has become tedious, he is very Lennon esque in the way he blames everyone but himself, always cheated never defeated. It's a joke if he plays a weakened team especially when they could still win the league, utterly pathetic mindgames

Weak team will lose to Liverpool.

"Strong team", if you can call it that with the players missing, will lose to Atletico.

Poor season by Jose's standards and it will come to a head when Abramovich overrules him in the transfer market over their choice of striker and the Special One will be heading for pastures new in the summer.

Bold prediction I know...

Can't see it but you never know with Roman of course

Even if Chelsea were to beat Liverpool they'd still be 2 points behind Liverpool with worse GD (it's 11 in Liverpool's favour against Chelsea at the moment)

That means to usurp Liverpool even presuming Chelsea beat them they'd need Liverpool to lose one of their remaining two games or draw them both.

Chelsea would have to win both their fixtures and even if all this improbable shit happens they could still be pipped by City.

The chances of Chelsea winning the league are ridiculously slim and they only have themselves to blame (chucked it to weak teams in the run in).

The focus has to be on the Champions League they have a very good chance of reaching the final - the EPL is realistically gone (tu)

Even if Chelsea were to beat Liverpool they'd still be 2 points behind Liverpool with worse GD (it's 11 in Liverpool's favour against Chelsea at the moment)

That means to usurp Liverpool even presuming Chelsea beat them they'd need Liverpool to lose one of their remaining two games or draw them both.

Chelsea would have to win both their fixtures and even if all this improbable shit happens they could still be pipped by City.

The chances of Chelsea winning the league are ridiculously slim and they only have themselves to blame (chucked it to weak teams in the run in).

The focus has to be on the Champions League they have a very good chance of reaching the final - the EPL is realistically gone (tu)

It might seem slim but sometimes something can happen, look at Man Utd losing to Wigan late on the season City won the title.

But like I said understand where Jose is coming from

If Liverpool get a point against Chelsea they're practically home and dry. Even if Chelsea beat them, they're giving City the chance to win the title more than themselves. Don't blame Mourinho for resting his players for a competition he actually has a chance of winning.

If Liverpool get a point against Chelsea they're practically home and dry. Even if Chelsea beat them, they're giving City the chance to win the title more than themselves. Don't blame Mourinho for resting his players for a competition he actually has a chance of winning.

Last week it was in Chelsea's hands to win the league..

Don't get me wrong I think they've blown it last week but there could still be some regret if Liverpool lose another game.

It is ccertain tbh. It'll be difficult but they'll get the 3 points in the end.

I'm not as confident as other seem to be that they will win there easily.

Palace have only lost 3 at home since Pulis took over and with the way Liverpool defend and the way Palace attack I think they might concede a couple too.

They could easily score five against Palace too though.

I'm not as confident as other seem to be that they will win there easily.

Palace have only lost 3 at home since Pulis took over and with the way Liverpool defend and the way Palace attack I think they might concede a couple too.

They could easily score five against Palace too though.

I think they'll win but it's a banana skin, hence why I wouldn't quite be giving up.

Tell you what .After hearing Brendan Rodgers shite about the beggars inspiring him I want these fuckers to lose.

Don't think I could stand hearing those two clubs getting all cosy again because it suits the unwashed .

We would get the usual shite spun .' both our clubs have special friendship' crap