Would you forgive a red card like this?

GOAT

To me that's an assault and he should be up on a criminal charge.

Absolutely. Completely outwith the normal bounds of sport. Rugby players get away with way too much. In all seriousness, it's fucking shite behaviour.

So much for rugby being a gentlemans game eh?. If that happened on a football pitch itd be a different story.

If it happened in Glasgow there would be a summit and a threat of games being played in empty stadiums.

"But... but..but rugby is a game for gentlemen, we all have a pint and a laugh after the game not like you football lot."

Nah, rugby is a game for thugs and dickheads who celebrate being "lads" and "banter".

I played rugby regional age group rugby in Wales into my late teens, but never enjoyed it. In my experience rugby has far more pricks looking for a fight and self-absorbed twats who are up their arse than football, and it's not even close.

If this was in football he would be banned for life . the first punch heat of the moment

the second - being intent.

These guys get so wound up as rugby has that in its make up

but this guy has taken it too far after 2 mins ?

Second punch a shocker he can't even nail him properly. Poor punch. To be fair you should have seen the guys face implode with a decent punch. I would fine him for making a cut of it to be honest. If you gonna see red. Make sure it's for something decent