Would you sign a jailed footballer?

G.E.C.

Ched Evans is a low life convicted rapist. He texted his mate "can I have a go on her" and totally refuses to admit what he done was wrong. That's reflective of his standards. This is nothing to do with namby pamby liberal lefty women. Do any of you want your sister or daughter treated like that?

I wouldn't want him anywhere near Rangers. Another club in Glasgow have been rightly pilloried on this forum for actions of abuse. I think we have higher standards.

all these namby pamby liberal lefty women and the PC brigade should take a reality check, no matte how bad the crime if hes served his time like everyone else hes entitled to earn a living.

If you applied for a job and in your interview you told them you were a convicted criminal but you don't accept that you did anything wrong, do you think they would hire you?

If you applied for a job and in your interview you told them you were a convicted criminal but you don't accept that you did anything wrong, do you think they would hire you?

Why would you have to comment on if you did or did not do anything wrong?

Pretty sure you only have to inform them if you have a criminal record, why would they ask you to go into detail about it?

some would, some wouldnt which is how the cookie crumbles. Its not for any left wing liberals to tell companies who they should or shouldnt employ, nor is it their right to deny someone the chance to earn a living

Why would you have to comment on if you did or did not do anything wrong?

Pretty sure you only have to inform them if you have a criminal record, why would they ask you to go into detail about it?

I'm not saying you would have to, but if you didn't think you did anything wrong the chances are you would probably want to say so, rather than just say "I'm a rapist", right? Ched Evans, via his family, has gone out of his way to persistently say he did nothing wrong. Since it's not Sheffield Utd's place to decide whether or not he is guilty, and they have to accept the court's decision, they can only assume he has no remorse, that he doesn't agree with the law about what constitutes rape. Which is a different issue to the issue of whether or not convicted criminals should be able to work again. It's an issue of his character. They are entitled to think he is not fit to be their employee.

some would, some wouldnt which is how the cookie crumbles. Its not for any left wing liberals to tell companies who they should or shouldnt employ, nor is it their right to deny someone the chance to earn a living

It's certainly the business of the club's fans, however, since they'll be paying his wages. And if you think only "left wing liberals" (who tend to be the least hard-line on crime and punishment, or so the story usually goes) have a contempt for rapists then I don't really know what to say to you :lol:

I'm not saying you would have to, but if you didn't think you did anything wrong the chances are you would probably want to say so, rather than just say "I'm a rapist", right? Ched Evans has gone out of his way to persistently say he did nothing wrong. Since it's not Sheffield Utd's place to decide whether or not he is guilty, and they have to accept the court's decision, they can only assume he has no remorse, that he doesn't agree with the law about what constitutes rape. Which is a different issue to the issue of whether or not convicted criminals should be able to work again. It's an issue of his character. They are entitled to think he is not fit to be their employee.

If you were going for a job then I'd imagine you wouldn't have to be inclined to say anything....they would have reviewd you application beforehand and seen you had a criminal record.

If I was jailed for something I didn't do then I wouldn't see why I should be forced not to continue my occupation after I rightly or wrongly served a prison sentence.

A guy who killed someone got to play football again so I don't see why Evans shouldn't.

If you were going for a job then I'd imagine you wouldn't have to be inclined to say anything....they would have reviewd you application beforehand and seen you had a criminal record.

If I was jailed for something I didn't do then I wouldn't see why I should be forced not to continue my occupation after I rightly or wrongly served a prison sentence.

A guy who killed someone got to play football again so I don't see why Evans shouldn't.

I don't think anybody should force anybody. I think the club should remember what side their bread is buttered on though, and the fans are entitled to make their views known. A football club, we like to claim, represents a community. Welcoming an unrepentant rapist back into a position of wealth and influence (when his sentence is only half served, remember) is understandably going to seem a bit off for some people, and their views are as valid as anybody else's. When he was asked to explain the events of the night he said that that's what footballers do - pick up girls for casual sex using their wealth and profile. He acknowledged that his occupation was partly responsible for what led to the event occurring in the first place. I don't advocate a legal ban on sex offenders from working in football like child sex offenders can't work with children but I'd see no problem whatsoever with Sheffield Utd or any other club taking it upon themselves to make a point that if you abuse your position, you're not fit to hold it.

[

as always, the voice of reason :pipe:

Ched Evans is a low life convicted rapist. He texted his mate "can I have a go on her" and totally refuses to admit what he done was wrong. That's reflective of his standards. This is nothing to do with namby pamby liberal lefty women. Do any of you want your sister or daughter treated like that?

I wouldn't want him anywhere near Rangers. Another club in Glasgow have been rightly pilloried on this forum for actions of abuse. I think we have higher standards.

He asked permission how can you have a problem with that then?

It's certainly the business of the club's fans, however, since they'll be paying his wages. And if you think only "left wing liberals" (who tend to be the least hard-line on crime and punishment, or so the story usually goes) have a contempt for rapists then I don't really know what to say to you :lol:

Its the club who pay his wages, not the fans and they can stand or fall if they employ him. Last time I looked I dont think there was a law saying footballers should be treated any differently from the rest of the public when it comes to employment. As I said if a football club or a factory want to employ a convicted rapist that is their business and no namby pamby womens groups have any right to intefere with their decision.

I say that as someone who has endured an attempted rape on a family member by someone and also having a friend arrested and detained on a rape accusation that turned out to be a false accusation.

Its the club who pay his wages, not the fans and they can stand or fall if they employ him. Last time I looked I dont think there was a law saying footballers should be treated any differently from the rest of the public when it comes to employment. As I said if a football club or a factory want to employ a convicted rapist that is their business and no namby pamby womens groups have any right to intefere with their decision.

I say that as someone who has endured an attempted rape on a family member by someone and also having a friend arrested and detained on a rape accusation that turned out to be a false accusation.

Where do you think Sheffield Utd get their money from? I don't think there's a law that says footballers should be treated any differently from the rest of the public either. I didn't say there was such a law. Employers are, however, entitled to make a judgement about an applicants character and they are entitled to consider how it will impact their business model. Which is why the opinions of the fans matters too.

As someone whose ex was raped and the guy got away with it and who has remained free from that day to do it to other women I also have a personal experience that colours my opinion of this. It doesn't make my opinion any more weighty than your experience makes yours.