McCoist is not a manager, but we are...so what is your 11?

theiconicman

So most of us think McCoist doesn't have what it takes to manage this club. We all think we can do better. So, what is your starting 11, 5 subs and formation, what do we build on?

For me:

Bell

McAusland McGregor McCulloch Wallace

Murdoch Black Macleod

Miller Clarke Templeton

Subs

Simonsen

Gasparotto

McKay

Aird

Daly

A blend of experience and youth, movement and pace up front with McCulloch regularly getting rested for Gasparotto to come in and stake a claim.

Madness? Perhaps but I'd love to see it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I'd start Gasparotto, only because I haven't seen much of him and I still think McGregor is learning his trade due to his injuries, McCulloch has a lot to offer still at this level.

Hutton is a decent shout but I think Black is better than him and they both do the same role.

Templeton isn't a wide player so I wouldn't play a 442, I think we need to drop that and go for a narrower passing game.

Zaliukas either has zero confidence or is simply here to pick up a pay cheque, he is not the player we remember from the SPL days, not even a shadow of it.

Again, I don't think we Templeton or Aird are truly wide players but it is a balanced team, stick McAusland at RB and swap Jig for Zal and it would be a good team I think with the right coaching.

I do like the 4231 and we played a lot of it preseason then dropped it in favour of the 442 (people also bitched we should always play 2 up front). I think Macleod could excel in that role, he has great link up play, a good engine and likes to get physical too.

The best example of the 4-2-3-1 would be dortmund.

Templeton would be our Reus, someone who charges attacks with pace and can finish.

Clark would be Aubameyang, tireless striker pouncing on everyball put his way.

Aird would be Mkhitaryan, someone who kick starts the counters, constantly chasing the ball and turning it into an attack.

MacLeod would be Gundogan, the engine, very much the same as mkhitaryan but deeper.

Bell

sinnamon mcgregor Gasparotto wallace

black macleod hutton

Mckay

Miller Clark

the reason i would throw sinnamon in is because he cant be worse than foster and Gasparotto has done well on his loan spell and beside mcgregor he could learn a lot i think.

hutton keeps it simple and i put him in ahead of murdoch etc because i havent seen the other play enough and law is a ghost these days.

Mckay , who knows if he has an attitude problem but i believe he is our most exciting player and no idea whats happened to him

GK= Bell best of what he have.

RB = Faure not the best footballer but he defends well

CB = McGregor

CB = Zaliukas

LB = Wallace

RM= Law, went past their full back 3 times in the first half, more than Aird has done all season.

CM= Jig, last season as a Rangers player, better playr than Black.

CM= McLeod, with a licence to support and get behind the strikers, 5 defensive players is enough for any team.

LM= Templeton, but only if he regains confidence, we have not had a decent left mid since Neil McCann.

Strikers= Clark and Miller, movement and pace.

Bell

Foster McGregor Faure Wallace

Law Black Macleod

Templeton

Miller Clark

Subs: Robinson, Daly, Aird, Sinnamon, Gallagher, Gasparotto, Hutton

A bit like the lineup we used at the start of last season with a few changes, we always seemed to play well in that formation until all the new signings were available and Ally started shoehorning them all in. Foster is only there because I'd rather not stick someone there who isn't a fullback, maybe put Sinnamon there but then again he is untried. Aird could take Temps' place if he goes off form, maybe try Clark there with Gallagher up front beside Miller. A bit of pace and movement up front is something we've been lacking pretty much since Naismith got injured in McCoist's first season, I don't believe that we'd need out and out wingers on the pitch in that formation but we know now that Macleod and Law can drift wide and still be effective.

Bell

Foster McGregor Faure Wallace

Law Black Macleod

Templeton

Miller Clark

Subs: Robinson, Daly, Aird, Sinnamon, Gallagher, Gasparotto, Hutton

A bit like the lineup we used at the start of last season with a few changes, we always seemed to play well in that formation until all the new signings were available and Ally started shoehorning them all in. Foster is only there because I'd rather not stick someone there who isn't a fullback, maybe put Sinnamon there but then again he is untried. Aird could take Temps' place if he goes off form, maybe try Clark there with Gallagher up front beside Miller. A bit of pace and movement up front is something we've been lacking pretty much since Naismith got injured in McCoist's first season, I don't believe that we'd need out and out wingers on the pitch in that formation but we know now that Macleod and Law can drift wide and still be effective.

I would love this too but I put Jig in cause he won't drop him.

However would prefer Fuare at RB as he is able to link up with Gallagher and gives a bit of pace and movement on the right, as well as on the left.

But at least Fuare can defend as you said.

Any side without McCulloch at the back or midfield would be a huge improvement on what we are lining up with at the moment. I would go with Johnstone Burgh's line up but swap Moshni for Faure, I think there's a decent centre half there if the correct manager got a hold of him told him to keep it simple and keep disciplined( positionally ) we could have a reasonable central defence with a bit of pace that would allow the team to push up and have less gaps between defence, midfield and attack, because at the moment we have 3 different units on the park with miles between them and every team that plays us knows this and exploits it.

Simple 442

Bell

Foster (currently best of a bad lot for rb)

Mcgregor

Zalukis

Wallace

Aird

Hutton

Macleod

Templeton

Miller

Clarke

Subs

A younger reserve gk

Faure (Frech under 21 - must have something and looks decent to me as a centre half

McCulloch (versitile enough to be on the bench) eventually replace with Gasparatto

McKay (Aird or temps off form make the change- one of the players who used to get the crowd energised by getting brought on)

Boyd (still got goals if used properly - not as a target man)

Gallager (

Black (Only to be brought on to shut a game down in last 20 mins)

Get shot of Simmonson, Moshni, Law, Shiels, Daly and eventually retire McCulloch and replace black (wage bill tumbles)

Start putting ho0me grown talent on the bench and using them.