STV(): SFA want showdown talks with Mike Ashley

OlegKuznetsov

Just a headline so far, but if they say much more I'll post it. Looks like it'll be then next story after Murphy and Labour in Scotland. OK, after Police Scotland having to pay VAT unlike in England.

OK. Maybe it'll be in the sport.

It was mainly Regan offering up platitudes whilst asking for clarification from Ashley regarding his input at Ibrox.

Not much as predicted.

Dramatic headline, which probably boils down to the SFA seeks talks to discuss a deal with Ashley.

There's no showdown, neither side has taken an entrenched position or had words on the subject even.

It has always been my assertion since day one that the media deliberately portrayed the SFA as weak and unable to stand up to Ashley to back them into a corner where they have to take a stand to prove otherwise.

However, I can't see any way it would serve scottish football, or them to get in the way. (Tho it is the SFA)

I'm sure they will make Ashley jump thru hoops and sign new agreements, but in the end he will get what he wants. The papers will delight in telling us the SFA are refusing and then they aren't etc etc

Having watched that, I can only come to the conclusion that the SFA do not want Rangers to prosper in any way and fear Ashley's involvement would give us the financial stability that was mentioned in the interview so his "concerns" that he mentioned to me says they will do dberything in their power to stop him gaining control.

Having watched it I would hold fire here.

They are clearly talking, as I expected they would, and Regan clearly sees scottish football is screwed if they get in the road, so I'd wait and see what comes of the talks. The SFA are in no position to do much, but will want their honour satisfied. Some kind of deal will be thrashed out.

If not, they are starting a fight to the death they can't win. We have the moral highground and all the ammo. The SFA have brought a knife to a gun fight. :lol:

... What rules he broke that demands talks [?]

There is no "rule".

Apparently, there was a bi-lateral (2-way) "agreement" (or a "committment") between Ashley and the SFA that he would not go over 10% ownership or exert too much "influence" on the club.

Personally, I think this agreement should be torn-up (either ignored, broken, or mutually set-aside) and that he should press-ahead and consolidate his position at Rangers with greater ownership and control.

I've stopped waiting around for "Rangers men". I've been waiting around for them for 3+ years.

Ashley is the man I'm looking to see take the lead in driving the club back to the top and I'd be delighted if he takes a greater interest in Rangers.

Lastly, Regan (and the SFA, and the SPL for that matter) are not to be trusted. These are people who seized on the opportunity to send Rangers to the bottom tier of Scottish football when the club was at its weakest.

That's my opinion.

EDIT: Changed wording a little.