On this day....

MisterC

On this day in 1992 saw one of the greatest European nights at Ibrox when we came back from 2-0 down to get a desmond against what was a ridiculously talented Marseille team. Can still remember watching it on tv but missing the last half hour because my dad wanted to watch the 9:00 news. I was 12 at the time and we only had one tv in the house so had to miss that last 20 mins.

What a result and how sad it is that European nights are looking like a pipe dream at this moment

In the top 5 of games I have attended. We were massively outplayed for about 78 minutes, but really could have won it in the end.

atmosphere in the last few minutes was beyond almost anything I can remember.

Miko actually tackled someone to win the ball back for the second goal!

Jeez, what a season.

The equivalent of the Champion's League semi-final.

Was at the CSKA Moscow match and I'm surprised we never snapped the post or crossbar, just wasn't to be.

So proud of the team and can mind Ally and Gough doing their wee lap of honour in tears, I was only 15, I think.

In the top 5 of games I have attended. We were massively outplayed for about 78 minutes, but really could have won it in the end.

atmosphere in the last few minutes was beyond almost anything I can remember.

Miko actually tackled someone to win the ball back for the second goal!

I said to the wife I was goi g for a pint of milk, ran out the house and caught a train from brentwood to stansted, flight to prestwick, day before the game.the security guard at my flats kept my scarf under his desk two days before I left, it was like a military operation.it was worth it for the atmosphere at ibrox that night alone with my cousin who got the tickets, but I just couldnt see us gettin back into it, they were fuckin class.but when mcswegans header went in the roar that went up frightened them for a couple mins, when big haytley scored, I nearly ended up on the track such was the surge of noise that came from the back of the govan front.i knew he had scored before the copland did, I was almost in line with it,, slightly behind.what a fuckin night, then they came back, and nearly fuckin won it through boksic/sauzee?

The repercussions for me? Arrived home without the milk 3 days later, narrowly avoiding a flying crustal ashtray which would have taken ma heid aff if I hadnt bent down to take my shoes off.it stuck in the front door.

fucked her rotten and all was forgiven ha ha ha.

No Surrender

Rab

You are a classy man Rab. Your wife must be a stoatir.

looked like mrs beckham pal, she got pissed off wi comin second to rangers amigo, we split, got divorced in 99 , but are best pals, people see us together at the boys celebrations and xmas parties and cannot to this day understand we aint the perfect couple, but beauriful though she is, she could never ever be wee durrant, ian ferguson , bobby russell or davie cooper or my 50000 pals at ibrox.

No Surrender

Rab

looked like mrs beckham pal, she got pissed off wi comin second to rangers amigo, we split, got divorced in 99 , but are best pals, people see us together at the boys celebrations and xmas parties and cannot to this day understand we aint the perfect couple, but beauriful though she is, she could never ever be wee durrant, ian ferguson , bobby russell or davie cooper or my 50000 pals at ibrox.

No Surrender

Rab

Rab you make me smile mate, even bad news comes with a wee story with it.

Watp

Rab you make me smile mate, even bad news comes with a wee story with it.

Watp

she was still the first person I phoned when my jaw was hanging off after fighting my way back to the city centre when we won the league at the piggery in 99/2000 amigo.her reply? "Whats with yer voice? Ye sound like a mong, alex's parents night is on tuesday at 7. " in the background I could hear my wee yin goin did rangers win? What a fuckin moment mate.my life true love.....just behind the bears.sharon wilson ( she has kept my name), tae the moon and back sweetheart, moon and back.

No Surrender

Rab

I said to the wife I was goi g for a pint of milk, ran out the house and caught a train from brentwood to stansted, flight to prestwick, day before the game.the security guard at my flats kept my scarf under his desk two days before I left, it was like a military operation.it was worth it for the atmosphere at ibrox that night alone with my cousin who got the tickets, but I just couldnt see us gettin back into it, they were fuckin class.but when mcswegans header went in the roar that went up frightened them for a couple mins, when big haytley scored, I nearly ended up on the track such was the surge of noise that came from the back of the govan front.i knew he had scored before the copland did, I was almost in line with it,, slightly behind.what a fuckin night, then they came back, and nearly fuckin won it through boksic/sauzee?

The repercussions for me? Arrived home without the milk 3 days later, narrowly avoiding a flying crustal ashtray which would have taken ma heid aff if I hadnt bent down to take my shoes off.it stuck in the front door.

fucked her rotten and all was forgiven ha ha ha.

No Surrender

Rab

Mad bastard!!! :lol:

I had arranged to pick up a German guy at the airport, an 1860 Munich fan with a liking for the Bears. Picked him up in my lunch hour, took him in to the city, told him how to get to Ibrox later and where the shop was, went back to work, met him at Ibrox with a ticket. He'd spent £200 in the Gers shop. We all went daft in the last 12 or so minutes. He thought it was absolutely brilliant. We stopped off in Paisley for a few beers, took him back to the airport and went back home to Uddingston where I sat up watching the game again having set the VCR beforehand. I was still "buzzing".