Sporting v Maribor

DP FC

Just seen highlights of their match in the CL last night,, and it was depressing.

To think we put Sporting out in our 2008 European run was bad enough.

But when I think back to 2011 and getting tossed out by Maribor! and you see the difference in our position now, just wonder how things would have panned out of we hadn't f*#+#? up that year.

Just seen highlights of their match in the CL last night,, and it was depressing.

But when I think back to 2011 and getting tossed out by Maribor! and you see the difference in our position now, just wonder how things would have panned out of we hadn't f*#+#? up that year.

Yep - winning that game would have turned Craig Whyte honest, hmrc to drop the BTC and we would have went on to win the CL 3 years in a row

incase you missed it pal, the prosecution service has evidence of intent to fraud Rangers from a whole year before the maribor fiasco. We'd have still gone into administration with or without Europe as every company whyte had gets dissolved- he was an asset stripper and we're lucky he never got security over ibrox.

Allys at fault for many things but championship football is not one of them

Rumour had it that Whyte wanted to come in, keep the club barely afloat with minimum money put in and then sell it on after the tax cases had been resolved.

Obviously, he made a complete and utter cunt of it. Although I remember Gordon Smith saying Whyte was panicking after the Malmo defeat, he probably knew then that we wouldn't have enough cash to see out the season.

So aye, basically it's all Allys fault.

In 1992/93 we won every trophy in Scotland and reached a European Champions league semi-final. Celtic were third in the league and failed to win a trophy or reach a final.

In the English Premier Norwich finished third and Chelsea finished 2 points above Wimbledon to squeeze in to top half of table.

And Brian Laudrup had just won the European Championship with Denmark.

Getting into Europe would simply have delayed the inevitable.

Having Whyte in charge was the equivalent of asking a 4 year old to fly a plane.

Reminds us how far back we knew Ally couldn't cut it though.

Very good point. Once Whyte was on board it was always going to end in disaster.

Well, I don't remember blaming Ally for what occurred? Strange how many people read between the lines and come up with shit.

Seems the

Yep - winning that game would have turned Craig Whyte honest, hmrc to drop the BTC and we would have went on to win the CL 3 years in a row

I think I detect a touch of uncalled for sarcasm in your post.

Personally I always think the Kaunas game changed things.

It might have panned out differently had we won that game. Then again it might not.

Who knows.

Yeah, you are probably nearer the mark, but I couldn't shoehorn them in, as they weren't playing last night. But you are right, more money would have been forthcoming.

incase you missed it pal, the prosecution service has evidence of intent to fraud Rangers from a whole year before the maribor fiasco. We'd have still gone into administration with or without Europe as every company whyte had gets dissolved- he was an asset stripper and we're lucky he never got security over ibrox.

Allys at fault for many things but championship football is not one of them

Like I say Pal, never mentioned Ally.

It was an observation on how, just maybe, one game can change the fortunes of the two teams involved.

Back then I didn't frequent these forums, so no I am not aware of any investigation dating back to 2010.

In 1992/93 we won every trophy in Scotland and reached a European Champions league semi-final. Celtic were third in the league and failed to win a trophy or reach a final.

In the English Premier Norwich finished third and Chelsea finished 2 points above Wimbledon to squeeze in to top half of table.

And Brian Laudrup had just won the European Championship with Denmark.

Well Wimbledon didn't come out of that too well.

Like I say Pal, never mentioned Ally.

It was an observation on how, just maybe, one game can change the fortunes of the two teams involved.

Back then I didn't frequent these forums, so no I am not aware of any investigation dating back to 2010.

sorry my bad. The evidence about 2010 being a starting point of conspiracy to fraud only got released last week. Them qualifiers are always tricky fuckers. Sometimes I think that our fans have thought we've been better than we actually were. I mean come on, how would any good side lose to maribor?? Or malmo or kaunas? Werent kaunas semi professional when they dumped us out? Sure I remember the commentator mentioning farmers and local posties.

Rumour had it that Whyte wanted to come in, keep the club barely afloat with minimum money put in and then sell it on after the tax cases had been resolved.

Obviously, he made a complete and utter cunt of it. Although I remember Gordon Smith saying Whyte was panicking after the Malmo defeat, he probably knew then that we wouldn't have enough cash to see out the season.

So aye, basically it's all Allys fault.

Whyte is courtbound, Ally is still standing. Ally's tactic of blowing it against Malmo seems to be panning out nicely!