Rangers kid Macleod is the talk of the Toon

Ace

NEWCASTLE are reportedly on the trail of Lewis Macleod.

The Rangers star is also on the radar of Everton and Burnley following a series of stunning showings for the Light Blues.

Macleod earned his first call-up to the Scotland squad this month and United are now the latest English club to be linked with the 20-year-old.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/mobile/rangers/rangers-kid-macleod-is-the-talk-of-the-toon-189919n.25878786

Well if three or four clubs are after him it gives more power to negotiate.

Then again perhaps we do the lad a disservice and may find he is smart enough to learn his craft before heading South.

Not from this management he won't. Look how the experienced and successful players have gown down since arriving here.

Lewis MacLeod is our stand out player in every sense- as a footballer obviously but his standards of behaviour both on and off the pitch- and indeed the media are faultless.

But this is part of the problem, many of his older and more experienced peers would do well to follow his example. Part of the reason Lewis particularly stands out is due to the mediocrity around him. Rangers players all benefit from extra ordinary public exposure- not because they are necessarily the very finest players, but because they play for Rangers Football Club. Some of our other players do not give the impression they appreciate that.

If Lewis were to leave Rangers it would be in my mind a great shame for the Club and the support. I think it might also be a risk for Lewis as well in that his qualities in another setting might not be so obvious- it might be the one big "ish" move (let's face it none of the Clubs mentioned are probable Champions League contenders) and the one big pay day (more funded by the EPL TV money than the aspirations of the Clubs concerned). But then there is a good chance that that is where he will stay a journey man footballer- who knows and God forbid, he might even be playing for Hearts in a few years time.

But the Club needs money immediately or admin 2 beckons- that must be on the radars of both Club and Player. Plus he is surrounded by a squad that on its present trajectory is unlikely to be automatically promoted next year.

Unfortunately if I was Lewis I would probably move. The only reason I would stay is if the Club looked to be looking to improve its squad, make players like Lewis the norm rather than the stand outs. None of this I can see happening in the near future.

But what ever happens he will have my support- he has been the one bright rising star that has made watching this particular batch of Rangers players anyway enjoyable.

Management cant teach what lewis has and thats invention and skill. On the pitch he looks and plays like hes abit more experienced than his ages says. If mccoist can get his players motivated and performing consistently then he'll get praised.. until then its just bp9 and his collection of ally photos stuck together and a massive forearm

And yet there is Lewis - over 3 years with Ally at the helm

And still improving - shome mishtake surely!

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day BP9

Lewis has improved despite having trained under Ally and Co.

Conversely, Lee Wallace has faltered in his development,, Charlie Telfer decided Dundee United was a better option for him, Andy Little wa smoved on in favour of our current 30 somethign strike force who cannot score,

Nothing story.

Why would a EPL side be looking at a player who wouldn't even get on their bench?

Sounds like made up pish to me.

Possibility for a sale and loan back deal even for a ocuple of seasons.

They get ownership when he hits his full potential and he continues to devellop by playing regular football.

Another good way for Ash;lley to invest in a roundabout fashion

Nothing story.

Why would a EPL side be looking at a player who wouldn't even get on their bench?

Sounds like made up pish to me.

They can afford to take the gamble on a young kid who may become a top player for them and if not they will still make something on him if they sell the player on.

The likes of MacArthur and Fyfie etc are proof of that.

They can afford to take the gamble on a young kid who may become a top player for them and if not they will still make something on him if they sell the player on.

The likes of MacArthur and Fyfie etc are proof of that.

Those players were playing at the top level in Scotland, Lewis has been playing against part time hammer throwers so it's not the same.

We will see how he copes against the tims, that will show just how good he may or not be at a decent level.

Hmmmmm.

MA is the chairman. We could be on to a winner here....

Newcastle buy Lewis for say 50 million of the queens finest squids.

We sack Ally, invest in a new team. We then win the SPL and get in to the champions league.

In a few years time. MA will have his money back plus his penny shares will be worth millions plus Lewis will be an asset to Newcastle, we'll be back at the top, Celtic will be second. Ally will be history.

Everyone's a winner, that's raise de chassie as they say in Dieppe.

BKBXF4_2525391b.jpg

Lewis just isn't ready for that jump quite yet.

He is a promising talent, there's no doubt, amongst all the drivel we've seen this season and being constantly being played out of position he's been the one shining light.

However he needs a season at the top level in Scotland before going down south. He needs at least that standard of opposition week in week out, alot like Andy Robertson did at Dundee United.

A year too soon for me.