An insight into Sinky's methods

Elfideldo

An interesting article about Andy Robertson and former Rangers player Lewis Morgan. Morgy is a talented, skillful player although was always one of the smallest, Having seen him in the recent Development Game although he is no giant he is certainly developed physically. Gives an insight into Sinky's methods.

I was sorry to see Lewis being released, but wasn't surprised as I watched him sidelined by bigger less skillful players.

http://www.youthfoot....ger-games.html

Cheers for that elf, I really don't get the Sinclair thing, he seems to take u14 players that have potential, our young teams seem to do well, then turns them into rubbish.

Isn't that the way it should be - the club operating in the same way at all levels.......

Means the young lads feel at home when they get into the first team (no sniggering at the back!)

The OP lnows better than any of us, that Sinky isnt doing a good job at all.. As some sAid above.. This is probably the most importantposition at our club now, and for years to come! We need competemce at this level and we will have to pay for it!!

Isn't Sinky one of Ally's chums?

Devils advocate here:

It's Rangers players we will need next season - not St Mirren players. This article could be read that Sinclair has done the lad a huge favour in releasing him.

The same favour he has done Falkirk - Murray Wallace, Jay Fulton and Connor McGrandles . Falkirk have collected £2 Million in transfer fees with a potential £3 million in add ons.

The same favour he has done Falkirk - Murray Wallace, Jay Fulton and Connor McGrandles . Falkirk have collected £2 Million in transfer fees with a potential £3 million in add ons.

Not trying to pick a fight mate - i am not trying to defend him or otherwise, as frankly I know little 're our youth setup. I am simply saying the article in question reads like he done the lad a favour as he is playing in the SPL now.

I don't know why we are releasing players that other clubs are cashing in on- it's definitely a cause for concern and player development appears exceptionally low on the club's agenda.

Youth player development has been low on the clubs agenda for years.IMO thats part of the reason we are in this mess now.We havent had managers in the past willing to give potential a go,opting for the easy option of buying everyone elses development successes and ignoring our own.Managers to frightened to take a risk so now we have no scouting system as such,management with no faith in our own youth and the final nail no money to buy anyone elses.Just one big shambles.