Ally's legend status

6superbarry6

Has it already gone? for me it has when I look at him now I feel nothing but sheer contempt this is a man who is actively harming the club I love,it really is a sad state of affairs and maybe if he does the honourable thing and walks away with no pay off then over time I'll warm to him again,but I fear that won't happen and he'll cling on either out of misplaced pride,stubbornness or purely for a pay off if that happens I don't see any way back for him,sad as I loved him as a player and never imagined I could feel this way about one of my idols

The sooner he leaves, the less damage he'll do and there's more potential for fans to forgive him, in time

I really hope that's the case but I think the damage may already be done,I was watching old clips of games the other day and even seeing him scoring I still didn't feel the same way as before

Things are a bit raw just now but in time that will fade and Ally will always be a hero. One of my favourite players of all time. I'm 31 and grew up with McCoist scoring winners against them and in cup finals so often that I could never think he's anything other than a Rangers legend.

He's done his best and his time is coming to an end but he still has this Bears respect.

Will never go or change what he done in the past but he's went WAY down in my estimations during his time as manager.

The longer he clings onto his job while the club suffer on the park the worse it will get.

When (not if) he is sacked I will need a good long break from seeing his face or hearing his voice.

Will never go or change what he done in the past but he's went WAY down in my estimations during his time as manager.

The longer he clings onto his job while the club suffer on the park the worse it will get.

When (not if) he is sacked I will need a good long break from seeing his face or hearing his voice.

I agree everyone needs a break. And Ally needs to realise he has stayed too long. Debating whether he is a legend though is quite quite wrong

It depends on whether you can differentiate the player and the "manager".

I thought/hoped I could but what really hit home was McCall holding his hands up and saying there was nothing more he could do for Motherwell and resigning that does as little damage as possible to the club. It was an amicable separation and McCall can hold his head high.

I have certainly lost respect for McCoist, still a legend but a tarnished one. It was always the risk, he took the risk but he doesn't know when to call it time. Is he greedy or just deluded? I can't tell but if he loves the club and cares at all about the fans he'd leave, he won't have deserted us as players did when we were liquidated. He stayed, he tried, he realised it wasn't working and left.....surely better than waiting til we fail, have no long term plan or new footballing ethos then getting sacked.

It depends on whether you can differentiate the player and the "manager".

I thought/hoped I could but what really hit home was McCall holding his hands up and saying there was nothing more he could do for Motherwell and resigning that does as little damage as possible to the club. It was an amicable separation and McCall can hold his head high.

I have certainly lost respect for McCoist, still a legend but a tarnished one. It was always the risk, he took the risk but he doesn't know when to call it time. Is he greedy or just deluded? I can't tell but if he loves the club and cares at all about the fans he'd leave, he won't have deserted us as players did when we were liquidated. He stayed, he tried, he realised it wasn't working and left.....surely better than waiting til we fail, have no long term plan or new footballing ethos then getting sacked.

I think it's the lack of respect he shows the fans and taking us for mugs that gets me even more than the footballing shambles,the poor excuse after poor excuse blaming everyone and anything for our failings but himself,plastic pitches,the wind,no pre season and Charles Green he thinks we button up the back

No as mis-guided as he is I don't believe he thinks he is harming the club in anyway, I also don't buy into this character assassination we see on here daily.

Time to go though.

Of course he's not intentionally harming the club,but every day he stays in the job while raking in an exorbitant wage that's exact what he's doing

Of course he's not intentionally harming the club,but every day he stays in the job while raking in an exorbitant wage that's exact what he's doing

The level of his remuneration is not his fault, he has already reduced it by 50%. It's obscene I agree but the majority of football wages are the same. It should not be used as a stick to beat him with, after all there are plenty of other aspects of his management that can be used.

I assume you must feel many players have harmed the club by accepting the wages offered to them by the club.

The level of his remuneration is not his fault, he has already reduced it by 50%. It's obscene I agree but the majority of football wages are the same. It should not be used as a stick to beat him with, after all there are plenty of other aspects of his management that can be used.

I assume you must feel many players have harmed the club by accepting the wages offered to them by the club.

The majority of our squad are indeed on salaries that far outweigh their abilities,this also needs to be addressed although management or lack of it is the most pressing issue at the moment,remember it was Ally who identified these overpaid players imo the only contracts that should be renewed are Wallace,McGregor and MacLeod the rest should be told they're free to find clubs,but new management is required first to identify replacements

for us just now yeah...we'll remember how shit the football is because of him but in the future when a younger generation look back...they won't know much about this time period (football quality not boardroom carry on) and we'll hopefully be back where we belong. they'll look back and see what a great player he was but since they didn't go to games or watch them when he was manager..they won't know what it feels like right now.

The majority of our squad are indeed on salaries that far outweigh their abilities,this also needs to be addressed although management or lack of it is the most pressing issue at the moment,remember it was Ally who identified these overpaid players imo the only contracts that should be renewed are Wallace,McGregor and MacLeod the rest should be told they're free to find clubs,but new management is required first to identify replacements

I agree he identified the players, but was it him who suggested their remuneration levels, I doubt it very much. Was it Ally who set the criteria for meeting bonuses? Was it him who set an idiotic playing budget for the lowest divisions of Scottish Football? I doubt it.

He has undoubtedly wasted what he was given though.