Uefa say Rangers and Newcastle can't both be in Europe

trueblueal

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope newcastle dont qualify for europe will make their fans think there something even more. one good season in recent years and think they should be challenging for top 4. Newcaslt should settle for finishing 17th or higher every year. Saying that probably more chance of us qualifying for europe. Theyve played well recently but really are nothing special.

No bothered about that at all. If i were a newcastle fan I would. They wont get Europe this year and if they do we won't. Next year they won't either, we might. But the season after that we will hopefully win the league which means CL footy. Newcastles best hope is the europa and the CL team have first priority as far as Im aware.

Trying to say we won't win the Scottish Cup? :pipe:

Trying to say that even if we do, we won't have three years unbroken accounts, so would have to rely on the SFA fighting our case for us AND Newcastle would still have to qualify for Europe too.

:sherlock:

No bothered about that at all. If i were a newcastle fan I would. They wont get Europe this year and if they do we won't. Next year they won't either, we might. But the season after that we will hopefully win the league which means CL footy. Newcastles best hope is the europa and the CL team have first priority as far as Im aware.

Goes by the coefficient so Newcastle will get priority no matter the competition.

As I feared, Ashley has overstepped the boundaries by having a decisive influence over both us and Newcastle. If we make the Uefa at the same time as Newcastle we won't be entering the comp as it stands.

There is absolutely nothing new in this, its always been the case and nothing will happen unless we actually were to qualify, that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Just somebody reading the rules and making a story out of nothing really. We are a long way from this. If Ashley sells Newcastle it will be after the next EPL TV deal. So most likely end of next season. Let's worry about this nearer the time if it ever arises

As I mentioned in another post, I suspect Ashley is using Rangers as a vehicle to promote the sports direct brand at the champions league level. How much investment would be reuquired getting Newcastle to consistently get in top 4 versus us winning or finishing second if the coefficients improve In the future?

For me if he is serious he'll look to sort out the foundations of the business and club and he may well wind down his involvement with Newcastle over this period of time. We are miles off making Europe, I'm more concerned about the long term direction (or rather lack of) of the business and the footballing aspects. I seriously doubt we'll be in the SPFL next year and how much will another year cost of not being there whilst we are throwing cash around as we are. Better to get the changes in now and inject a bit of enthusiasm in the squad to impress the new management and drive for second or first if hearts start to falter.

European football is a distant dream if the current setup remains in place, if we get the right changes it could be 3-5 years I think. I'm comfortable with that as log as we are playing decent football and living within our means and favouring our youth players over the overpaid average SPFL players we seem to always be after