Mark Wotte under consideration for DOF

trueblueal

A couple of days ago it was McLeish & today it's Wotte.

The Sun clearly have no idea who it might be and are just throwing names at the wall in the hope that one might stick :lol:

McLeish story was never in the paper or online site. It was a Facebook windup/rumour. This story definitely is online not that I give it much more credence

Who?

Ex SFA performance director who recently stepped down. Seen as a bit of a hard task master and critical of Scottish football being resistant to change. He was responsible for setting up the 7 'soccer schools' Scotland now has. I'll try to find a few links.

A couple of days ago it was McLeish & today it's Wotte.

The Sun clearly have no idea who it might be and are just throwing names at the wall in the hope that one might stick :lol:

That article is from the Scotsman btw for what it is worth if we can get him i hope he will do a great job

Here's a wee quote from 2012 when we went into admin. The man Wotte isn't daft...

“It’s up to the people who run the club to decide if they will cut their youth development programme.But that would be very irresponsible. Your youth development programme is your lifeline.

“If you keep producing youth players who can play in the first team for a few years and then are sold to a bigger club, then you can have a healthy club.

“You get a good return on investment. If you cut youth development from the main club then they will struggle.How can you generate money in football? It is tickets, TV rights and a good transfer policy. You should not be ashamed that sometimes you have to sell a player as it generates a lot of income.

“Most youth players are reasonably cheap wages-wise then if you can sell them later for several million then that’s a healthy policy. I hope that whatever Rangers do in the future they don’t ignore their youth development policy. That would be short-sighted.”

Well if true it a least shows the board are looking outside a list of ex players. I don't know what is reputation is but if he is Dutch you would at least expect he would be advocating football on the deck. He might also get rid of our Direct of Youth which would be a plus