Ally- I Have Never Considered Quitting

JamieG54

Only thing missing in the headline is over 90% of fans want him gone.

FOOTBALL

Ally McCoist not ready to quit Rangers hot seatALLY McCOIST insists he has never considered quitting as Rangers manager despite fans calling for him to go.

By: Michael Baillie Fri, November 28, 2014

Facebook

GETTY

Ally McCoist insists he will not quit Rangers

During Saturday’s 2-0 defeat to Hearts a section of Rangers travelling support chanted, “Ally. Ally. Get tae f**k”.

But despite the flak, McCoist says he’s going nowhere.

Asked if he ever considered leaving, McCoist replied: “To leave here? No.”

With defeat leaving his team nine points behind the leaders Hearts, McCoist insists that everyone needs to stand up and be counted to turn around Rangers’ Championship campaign.

And with Ibrox legend John Brown wading in to criticise experienced players Lee McCulloch, Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller over their display, McCoist insists no one is ducking for cover.

He said: “There’s a responsibility on all of us, not any one individual, to get the job done. If you’re in the team at 17 it’s for a reason.

“I know what people mean when they talk about the senior players helping them but it’s all about being part of a team. That’s the way I look at it. I wouldn’t single out any individuals.

“It’s not just Bomber, every man and his dog has had a comment to make this week. That’s just the way it goes.”

But McCoist hopes to have the backing of the fans as he tries to turn things around against Kilmarnock at Ibrox in the Scottish Cup on Sunday and insists he will lead Rangers back to the top flight.

He said: “I hope (the fans will give me their support). You can please some of the people some of the time.

“Over the piece, the support has been fantastic with the team and myself and I would hope that continues.

“What drives me on in circumstances like this? I just want to get the club back to the top flight. That drives us all on, not just me.

“We have to remain focused. There is flak flying about now as there has been before. There will be flak in the future. That won’t change.”

McCoist is under growing pressure as the Hearts defeat followed a league draw with Alloa.

But he insists his side is not in decline and is adamant they will return to winning ways against Killie.

He said: “I’m not even thinking about losing the game on Sunday. I think we will win the game if we go about it the right way.

“If we prepare, as we always have done and will continue to do, I believe we will win the game. We’re not thinking about defeat at all. We’re focusing on our performance and getting a team on the park that will win the game.”

With a young Hearts side flying high at the top of the Championship, McCoist has been criticised for not giving youth a chance as Rangers climbed back up from the fourth tier.

But McCoist believes Rangers would not be in the Championship if they’d taken the youthful option.

He said: “We have had a job to do to get out of the bottom division. No other team has done that having come down from the top flight. We lost the vast majority of our players – all our internationals players.

“But if we had fielded a team of youngsters, we would not have won that league [the third Division] and it would not have done them any good.

“So it’s about getting the balance. Hearts have got a good balance and are doing well.

“We’e got some youngsters of our own who have come through and are doing well – (Lewis) Macleod, (Fraser) Aird and the other youngsters who are doing fine.

“But it’s a completely different scenario.”

And for the criticism he has faced over the last week, McCoist knows it comes with the territory.

“Stick and flak has flown about this club for 100 years – and I hope it will be here for another hundred,” he said.

“The players know how we feel about last week and they know how we feel about this week. But I wouldn’t comment on any individual’s views from outside the club, but they are well entitled to it.

“We’ve seen it from various people this week, which is fine. But the most important thing is that the players know how we feel – and that we know how they feel too.”

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand where he says Hearts situation is completely different? They played youngsters in the SPL and Championship and look at them. We played a few but mainly old has beens or guys looking for a pay cheque and look at the state of us. Playing ours in the lowest tier would have been easier than what Hearts did. Fuck sake.

I don't understand where he says Hearts situation is completely different? They played youngsters in the SPL and Championship and look at them. We played a few but mainly old has beens or guys looking for a pay cheque and look at the state of us. Playing ours in the lowest tier would have been easier than what Hearts did. Fuck sake.

Where have you been in the last few years?

Our situations are different because;

We were relegated to the third division, they only went down on division,

We had a matter of days to get our license and get a team together. Hertz knew they were going down for months. Time for prepartion for such a drop is vital!

Hertz didn't have an illegal transfer embargo imposed,

Hertz didn't lose players potentially worth 10million plus,

Hertz fans expect nothing from their team so is no real pressure on them.

Hertz were not victimized by the SFA and members of the SPL.

There wasn't concerted effort to kill Hertz off.

Nobody tried to strip titles from Hertz, the whole two of them (no laughing at the back).

HERTZ WERE NOT SUBJECT TO A FRADULANT TAKEOVER BY A CHARLATAN AND HIS COHORTS!

I could list more. It's pretty clear our situations are poles apart. As far apart as our total of titles, as far apart as our supports expectations and as far apart as your eyes are Jamie. :pipe:

Christ. You just want to give him a shake when he comes out with that kind of stuff. The way he dismissed the youngsters winning div 3 was horrible. Did he not see Macleod and McKay where the standouts in that division? Mental.

I really question what he sees when he watches us, I can honestly say, in the brief spell I've seen mcausland, he's head and shoulders above Foster, who struggles with the basics.

The div3 season, I saw more potential and ability in McKay than I've seen from shiels, Aird, peralta or any other mug we've punted wide right.

I've seen more in Gallagher than Boyd has offered this season, he looked pacy, direct and hungry. The tour up north he and McKay where standouts.

I've seen Murdoch offer just as much as any of our current midfielders in the brief 15 minute spell I saw of him.

Telfer... Didn't want the cunt. Away to UtD with you and play in the top league while we bluster our way through the bottom ones.

Gasparatto couldn't be any worse than Mohsni has been this season? Or cribari last season.

Baffling. Nobody's asking us to turn into Barcelona and have world class youngsters, all we want is a clear progression and improvement for younger lads and they start filling the roles that need filled.

Quickly gets the flak off his pals back by mentioning that if you are 17 you should take the same flak as the over the hill overpaid players.

We are in a sad state of affairs throughout the whole club, it is just a pity no group stands up for UA when it comes to the footballing side or things, the side I think the majority of fans support Rangers for.