Which players have the management team improved?

Tumshie

I was talking about to a few of my mates over the weekend. If you look at the top managers this season like Brendan Rodgers, Roberto Martinez and Pochettino at Southampton they have taken a number of players and improved a large number of them.

If you look at our management team we seem to have brought players in and for whatever reason guys like Law, Shiels, Black and Daly seem to be going backwards.

The only players I can think the Ally and the rest of his backroom staff have improved have been Lee Wallace and Lewis Macleod.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Wallace and Macleod have improved, but not entirely sure the coaching staff are responsible for it.

I'd agree with that - I think it has been development of natural talent form the players themselves rather than the coaching.

YOu just wonder how much better they would be with a decent coaching set up

None of them have improved IMO but can you blame them with the current coaching I feel sorry for them

I'd say it's a bit of both. The coaching is not up to scratch but the players have to take some responsibility of trying to improve for the sake of their careers.

They have all improved...copyright BP9 :rolleyes:

They are undefeated in the league.

Reached a final of a cup that they didn't do last season.

They reached the semi final of the Scottish Cup which they didn't do last season

You just know that will be the stock answer...

In short not one single player has improved or stood out this season.

Ask yourself who the player of the year is and i bet everyone on here would struggle to name one single stand out player.

The thread is certainly a contender for the 'How can we squeeze another Ally bashing thread onto RM" award at the end of the season.

Aird, Crawford, Gallagher, Macleoud have all improved (IMHO), Black has improved on last season. Faure looks better this season, Foster has improved on his earlier appearence, Smith is much better than folk were saying he was. His newer players, Law, Daly, Foster have all contributed to this season, Moshni kinda worries me for the future, Bell looks solid enough, Templeton and Sheils I feel kinda dissapointed in but injuries have taken their toll on them and we have NOT seen the best of them. I am hoping Clark pushes on next season and he has not made the contribution expected.

The thread is certainly a contender for the 'How can we squeeze another Ally bashing thread onto RM" award at the end of the season.

Aird, Crawford, Gallagher, Macleoud have all improved (IMHO), Black has improved on last season. Faure looks better this season, Foster has improved on his earlier appearence, Smith is much better than folk were saying he was. His newer players, Law, Daly, Foster have all contributed to this season, Moshni kinda worries me for the future, Bell looks solid enough, Templeton and Sheils I feel kinda dissapointed in but injuries have taken their toll on them and we have NOT seen the best of them. I am hoping Clark pushes on next season and he has not made the contribution expected.

lol

Well when we have been embarrassed countless times this season and have not won a single cup (yet again) you are going to have threads about the manager and players.

If it really get's to you the answer is simple....

I see in another thread (the John Daly one I'm sure) that our players only have to train 3 days a week ? Surely that's not the case ?

I know for a fact European sides have the players training 2 times a day ..With our super team you would think they would maybe try that as opposed to once a day when if anything these players need it more .

Well when we have been embarrassed countless times this season and have not won a single cup (yet again) you are going to have threads about the manager and players.

If it really get's to you the answer is simple....

It really gets to you that some supporters remember loyalty and can take a dispassionate view of what is happening instead of acting like petulant wee school boys cause we lost 3 games this season. Dry your eyes. Man up. and try support instead of whinging and moaning all the time.

I know you won't be bothered when I say your brown nosed mince opinions are now thankfully in the minority :-))

It really gets to you that some supporters remember loyalty and can take a dispassionate view of what is happening instead of acting like petulant wee school boys cause we lost 3 games this season. Dry your eyes. Man up. and try support instead of whinging and moaning all the time.

You make out you're a bigger Rangers fan than the majority of us who want him gone, you're not, you're the exact opposite. You're loyal to Ally McCoist, not Rangers. It's embarrassing.

Morning Ally, should you not be taking training at the mo?

:lol:

It gets to you that the support as a whole are finally united and want McCoist gone.

You are just to stubborn to ever change your ways, despite the man chocking and failing to deliver the easist cup in the land.

There is only one guy on here acting like a school boy and it's you...one who has a crush on the headmaster

:lol: troll on BP9

Explain how this is another Ally bashing thread? It's a straight forward question. Which players have the management team, which includes Ally and the rest of his backroom staff, have improved?

Loyalty to the club or to individuals?

I honestly believe the direction the club is currently heading in is going to cause us massive problems in the very near future. It is not about losing 3 games this season, it is not even about next season as I still believe we would go on and win the championship with the current management team (although I know others are even doubting that). But IMHO the club is nowhere near ready to being built towards challenging in SPL/Europe again and I see no evidence that the current management team have any plan/strategy in place (other than spend as much money as possible) to bridge that gap.

I really fear landing in the SPL, having wasted millions getting there and only then realising how far we are away from where we need to be and effectively have to start again a rebuilding process...or throw money at fixing the problem. Neither are particularly appealing to me!

We are an old fashioned dinosaur of a football club right now, with seemingly no intention of (or knowledge how to) modernising our ways in terms of tactics, player development, medium/long-term planning within the budget available. Short-term overpriced signings are, frustratingly, the norm.

For £7m we could field a team with a healthy mixture of good solid experienced pros and the pick of Scotlands youths (and further afield really!).

It is my unrelenting passion and desire for our clubs success that fuels my opinion and it is absolutely absurd to be question anyone's loyalty for wanting the best for our club!