New Striker?

I think most people would like a complete clear out of our current squad, however, it appears that will be unlikely. More than likely a few players will leave and a few will come in. If we were to bring in one striker to our existing squad who would it be?

Personally, wouldn't mind Boyd, obviously a great finisher, but only if this was to replace Daly. Boyd and Daly up front would offer no mobility, runs in behind the defense and closing down defenders, which we've missed imo. Strikers we've been linked with include the likes of Boyd, Miller, May, Ciftci, McKay.

I have to say May's goalscoring record at Alloa, Hamilton and St Johnstone is really good. Might not be able to afford a fee for him, however, he could potentially be a good investment. Edit-Does anyone know when his contracts is up, is it actually this summer? A striker force of Boyd, May, Clark and Gallagher to choose from would be pretty good.

Who would you like to see brought in for next year?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Boyd but is he really going to make that much of a difference?

Him playing isolated on his own front and getting long balls fired up to him constantly isn't going to be much different to Daly doing it.

If we were going 4-4-2 with Boyd and Clark then yeah that would be fine but if we stick with 4-5-1 then I don't see what difference Boyd will make.

I like Boyd but is he really going to make that much of a difference?

Him playing isolated on his own front and getting long balls fired up to him constantly isn't going to be much different to Daly doing it.

If we were going 4-4-2 with Boyd and Clark then yeah that would be fine but if we stick with 4-5-1 then I don't see what difference Boyd will make.

Agreed.

With current tactics Boyd would be no better than Daly.

Boyd was at his best with a workhorse like Miller beside him.

If we continue to play a lone striker and fire him with long balls it will just be more of the same.

May would cost around £1m...St Johnstone knocked back £600k for him in January and as he is under 24 it'd go to a tribunial if his contract ran out, I also think hes a fan of St Johnstone so don't think he'd do the dirty on them and hold them to ransom

I think Billy McKay could be got for about £500k and he'd bena grest investment too.

yep only hot air at the moment and as stated been talked about for couple of days.ill wait till the club confirm it before i make my opinions known.

didn't I read the other day on here that Killies max wage is £1K a week? Given they are in the SPL a 7x pay rise seems a bit big for dropping down a league - then a minimum of £10K a week (depending on the rumour you read) when we get promoted.

I want Boyd back - but for 10 times the wages he is on at the moment? fucking hell it seems a bit big. I hope we are getting shot of a lot of the deadwood.

I realise this is all hearsay..

didn't I read the other day on here that Killies max wage is £1K a week? Given they are in the SPL a 7x pay rise seems a bit big for dropping down a league - then a minimum of £10K a week (depending on the rumour you read) when we get promoted.

I want Boyd back - but for 10 times the wages he is on at the moment? fucking hell it seems a bit big. I hope we are getting shot of a lot of the deadwood.

I realise this is all hearsay..

as i said nothing confirmed but its crazy figures being spoke about for our plight.

I seriously hope the Boyd rumor is bullshit. Whilst I've come round slowly to re-signing him i would be pretty pissed off if we gave him 7k a week rising to 14k a week its Fucking madness at any time never mind with our finances so tight. I would have to seriously reconsider my support for the board if this was true!

I seriously hope the Boyd rumor is bullshit. Whilst I've come round slowly to re-signing him i would be pretty pissed off if we gave him 7k a week rising to 14k a week its Fucking madness at any time never mind with our finances so tight. I would have to seriously reconsider my support for the board if this was true!

£3.5k doubling to £7k would be about right. We should cap it at about £10k for a few years anyway, and Boyd should definitely not be top earner when we're back in the top league.

Me too. Although it could be internet rumours to destabilise support for the board. Ally doesn't know his budget, so how can he have agreed terms?