Favourite ever Rangers game?

SuperAli

I know there will be a few of you who will have more than one game but try to narrow it down to only one favourite Rangers game.

For me it was being at the UEFA Cup semi-final 2008 in Florence. Was quite young at the time but remember it like it was yesterday. The game and extra time is a complete blur to me (no I was not drunk on Italian vino) but the penalties are still so vivid in my mind, especially Nacho's penalty and everyone going mental after it. The pub crawl in Florence afterwards was also amusing with pubs running out of beer!

What a night! Ahhhhh the goosebumps! :7325:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The emotion and Atmosphere at the game against the tarriers just after administration will be hard to beat..

We were phenomenal that day, players and fans.

That is true. Had I not decided on the game I did I would probably have chosen an Old Firm game and it may well have been that one.

Rangers 2 - 0 Sheep. May 11th 1991.

Not the favourites. Overcame adversity during the match. A goal fit to win it (the first from Hateley - if ever there was an archetypal Hateley goal, that was it).

could list about 10 favourite games but i always loved this one in the year we did 9 in a row

Albertz! Albertz! :thumbup:

Unfortunately I am too young to have been at this game. Look how young (and slim) Ally is! Would love to have been able to remember some of 9IAR :(

My favourite game was my first game I got to, Rangers versus caley thistle in 1996 as a early birthday present, played at tannadump. Scottish cup game, went down on the caley thistle supporters bus cause my uncles mate knew the folk running it and came home, got to carry gazzas top he wore in that game. Cause a caley thistle player got that bus back home as he stayed in Banff.

That semi final was a horrible game

The end result was possibly the greatest feeling Ive experienced outwith the '02 cup final winner

In Florence, they battered us and should have scored on a good few occassions, my pants had to be changed on numerous times

That semi final was a horrible game

The end result was possibly the greatest feeling Ive experienced outwith the '02 cup final winner

In Florence, they battered us and should have scored on a good few occassions, my pants had to be changed on numerous times

We definitely parked the bus on the goal line that evening! But saying that's not a criticism, got us to the final!

Real difficult one as so many answers but im going to plump for Dynamo Kiev at Ibrox in 87. 1 down from first leg and playing against an unbelievably strong team who from memory made up 10 of 11 regular Soviet Union starting team. They were also the Cup Winners Cup holders and obviously champions so nobody really gave us a chance.

I was in the East Enclosure and i dont think there will ever be an atmosphere to match it that night.

Amazing 2-0 win with goals from Falco(horrible mistake from their keeper) and my then hero Ally with a wonky header. :lol:

Brill.

Winning the league in 7 minutes. Sensational. A fitting send off for Walter too.

That day was brilliant. Me and my dad didn't have tickets for the game but headed down to Rugby Park anyway to soak up the atmosphere, we were both so nervous but by the time we got to Rugby Park it was 3-0 and we had almost crashed the car three times celebrating. That was a good day. Long may they return!