Rangers v Hearts

What I think has been overlooked in our Championship title tilt this season is squad depth, everyone is talking about Miller and Boyd etc, but what makes a Championship winning team is what happens in the cold winter months when players pick up knocks.

A Rangers v Hearts line-up might look something like...

Rangers:

--------------------Bell------------------------

Foster----McGregor----Zaliukas-----Wallace

Aird----Black-----Law--------Templeton

-----------Boyd------Miller-------------------

Hearts:

----------------Alexander--------------------

Paterson---Ozturk---Wilson---McHattie

--------------Gomis---Buaben------------

Walker---------Keatings-----Nicholson--------

-----------------Sow------------------------

2nd XI

Rangers:

--------------Simonsen-------------------

Faure------Mohsni---McCulloch--Smith

Peralta--Hutton----McLeod----McKay

--------------Shiels-----------------------

--------------Clark/Daly-----------------

Hearts:

-----------Gallacher---------------------

McKay---McGhee--Liam Gordon??--Liam Smith?? (both under 20's)

Smith----Robinson----King----Nicholson

-------------Oliver-----El Hassnaoui-------------

Whichever way you pick either line-up, I think the Rangers 2nd XI looks much stronger.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're having a passionate pre-season? :lol:

Yep....they are. Definitely.Fired up, organised and the rhetoric coming out from them is more akin to a winning mentality than ours.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Good to see that most of our training photos are about the merry japes . Its a pure laugh.

Yep....they are. Definitely.Fired up, organised and the rhetoric coming out from them is more akin to a winning mentality than ours.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Good to see that most of our training photos are about the merry japes . Its a pure laugh.

That sounds ridiculous mate.

How about 2013/14:

Hearts: Won 10 Drawn 8 Lost 20

Rangers: Won 33 Draw 3 Lost 0

Aye, they've got the winning mentality.....

I'm working near their (Hearts) training facility at the moment, and a few times I've passed a few of them coming out at lunchtime.

They look pretty fit, mean and happy (by my standards at least :) ) and not knackered, beaten and depressed in any way.

But hopefully we can put that right. :lol:

I'm working near their (Hearts) training facility at the moment, and a few times I've passed a few of them coming out at lunchtime.

They look pretty fit, mean and happy (by my standards at least :) ) and not knackered, beaten and depressed in any way.

But hopefully we can put that right. :lol:

they wont be laughing after a trip to cowdenbeath :thumbup:

That sounds ridiculous mate.

How about 2013/14:

Hearts: Won 10 Drawn 8 Lost 20

Rangers: Won 33 Draw 3 Lost 0

Aye, they've got the winning mentality.....

It doesn't matter what either of our records were last season, especially when you consider we were 2 divisions apart ffs.

Winning leagues often comes down to squad depth - especially as the season moves along with injuries and suspensions that are picked up.

Last season Templeton, Sheils, Macleoud, Wallace all were out for multiple games through injury. (and there are a few more probably)

We are starting to look like we have a bit of decent depth and competition all over the park.

What I think has been overlooked in our Championship title tilt this season is squad depth, everyone is talking about Miller and Boyd etc, but what makes a Championship winning team is what happens in the cold winter months when players pick up knocks.

A Rangers v Hearts line-up might look something like...

Rangers:

--------------------Bell------------------------

Foster----McGregor----Zaliukas-----Wallace

Aird----Black-----Law--------Templeton

-----------Boyd------Miller-------------------

Hearts:

----------------Alexander--------------------

Paterson---Ozturk---Wilson---McHattie

--------------Gomis---Buaben------------

Walker---------Keatings-----Nicholson--------

-----------------Sow------------------------

2nd XI

Rangers:

--------------Simonsen-------------------

Faure------Mohsni---McCulloch--Smith

Peralta--Hutton----McLeod----McKay

--------------Shiels-----------------------

--------------Clark/Daly-----------------

Hearts:

-----------Gallacher---------------------

McKay---McGhee--Liam Gordon??--Liam Smith?? (both under 20's)

Smith----Robinson----King----Nicholson

-------------Oliver-----El Hassnaoui-------------

Whichever way you pick either line-up, I think the Rangers 2nd XI looks much stronger.

McCulloch in the 2nd X1?

Yer havin a laugh

:lol:

Hate being negative when positivity is needed, but I can see us getting pumped here. We are god awful and they will be up for it. What a sorry fucking state of affairs, ive seen us play Barca, AC Milan all sorts of huge clubs and always thought we'd win, but we are so bad now I have no confidence.

Better hit the ground running.

Agreed they will be up for it but we should be more up for it and Ally has to instill the hatred factor into our team, the time has come sooner than expected to start dishing out punishment to the teams that stuck the boot in when we were down.

C'MON RANGERS....INTO THESE EDINBURGH CUNTS.

Hate being negative when positivity is needed, but I can see us getting pumped here. We are god awful and they will be up for it. What a sorry fucking state of affairs, ive seen us play Barca, AC Milan all sorts of huge clubs and always thought we'd win, but we are so bad now I have no confidence.

This is how I see it too. I have no confidence in us whatsoever at the moment. Of course I'm willing to be proved wrong.

This is how I see it too. I have no confidence in us whatsoever at the moment. Of course I'm willing to be proved wrong.

(tu) Id love nothing more than to be proven wrong.

But the pre-season games have crushed any confidence I had.

I had hoped it was just me that thought this way but obviously not. I hate going in to the start of a new season almost dreading it.

(tu) Id love nothing more than to be proven wrong.

But the pre-season games have crushed any confidence I had.

After the Ramsden's Final and the SFA Cup game v DU I assume we will lose the high pressure games these days :anguish:

I hate being negative about us in the build up to matchdays.