Frampton V Quigg

KingKirk

Bollocks, I was so hoping this would be in London!

Carl Frampton v Scott Quigg fight confirmed for 27 February

World Champion Carl Frampton will fight Scott Quigg in a double world title bout in Manchester on 27 February.

Northern Ireland's Frampton holds the IBF super-bantamweight belt while England's Quigg, 27, is the current WBA title holder.

The long-awaited bout between the undefeated pair will unify both belts.

"I'm the legitimate champion and I'm going to his [scott Quigg's] back yard to defend my title because that's what champions do," said Frampton, 28.

More to follow.

I think Quigg is a top class boxer and will win. Frampton has had a few dodgy fights and either isn't up to it or he is, but he's believing the hype.

He will need to catch frampton the way he caught kiko, and let's be honest, he ain't caught many like that. Frampton will out box him and win on points IMO.

I think Quigg is a top class boxer and will win. Frampton has had a few dodgy fights and either isn't up to it or he is, but he's believing the hype.

I don't think it's either. I think he is struggling to make weight, hence the lethargic displays.

Frampton will win on points.

Quigg beat Martinez convincingly last time out whilst Frampton had a scare in the USA, but people are getting far too carried away over that.

Martinez isn't the motivated / hungry fighter he was against Frampton for a start and he totally out boxed Quigg in the first round. Quigg caught him with some good shots in the 2nd and finished him well so fair play.

Frampton has beat other guys more convincingly than Quigg has before also.

Frampton totally underestimated the quality of his last Mexican opponent and learnt a huge lesson that night, this will prove a massive help to him for future fights like this one.

Frampton has won all his fights and his opponents have largely been of a higher quality than Quiggs who has also had 2 draws.

You can tell that Quigg is a bumbling idiot every time he speaks and is believing all Eddie Hearns usual over exaggerated hype and it's gonna cost him in this fight.

Quigg is a good fighter and seems to bang a bit but Frampton will dominate this fight and put Quigg back in his place.

My op doesn't reflect what I actually see happening in the fight for me quigg will stop Frampton late especially if the chat about Carl struggling to make weight are true.

Course it'll be on Box office mr Hearn said today tickets might be going on sale at the beginning of next week. They need to get small things finalized first

• 2 weeks later...

20th November?!

If you want to get your pal to get me a couple it would be greatly appreciated :D

they're on sale from 20th mate, phone first to see if you can get them, if not i will try but i know he has no £40 or £60 tickets left, i had to pay £86 each for 3. i reckon Frampton will take about 15,000 over mate and people will be left without tickets. Ticket line opens at 9am.