Brilliant Interview With Northern Ireland Manager

bluedylan

"The pool of professional players from which he picks numbers fewer than 40. Only five of them play regularly in the Premier League. This is not a golden generation for Northern Irish football."

Not being funny, but 5 doesn't seem bad considering how tiny a nation NI is. How many Scots play in the premier league?

"The pool of professional players from which he picks numbers fewer than 40. Only five of them play regularly in the Premier League. This is not a golden generation for Northern Irish football."

Not being funny, but 5 doesn't seem bad considering how tiny a nation NI is. How many Scots play in the premier league?

The thing is there are about another 5 that are eligible for NI that play EPL football but they chose to defect to the Mexicans. Our squad could be so much stronger, but MON seems to like harmony in the dressing room, so those troublemakers maybe wouldn't get in the squad anyway!

Guy has done a great job. Hopefully both sides of the community can get behind them next year. A few years ago, I stayed at a hostel with some guys from Northern Ireland; all three were catholics. One of them was a Tim, but a decent bloke, the other two supported English teams. One evening we were talking about about whether or not they supported Ireland or Northern Ireland at football, and their views were interesting and at the same time pretty sad. They all said that they were proud to be from Northern Ireland and really wanted to support the team, but found it difficult due to the singing that went on at the matches. As a result, they now cheered on the Republic. As they told this they all seemed genuinely dissapointed and sincere that they felt they couldn't support Northern Ireland. Now, I don't really get involved in the whole political issue regarding this, and, given that I not from Northern Ireland , I can't really fully understand the situation there. Nonetheless, it would be great if the whole country could get behind the team regardless of the religous/political issues. I know this is just a pipe dream, but in light of recent events in Paris/Beirut It would be fantastic if real unity could be shown.

I expect some of the Northern Irish posters on here will shoot me down for this post, but I personally would really love to see Catholic and Protestant standing together cheering on their country in a major championship. Anyway, hope they do really well!

Guy has done a great job. Hopefully both sides of the community can get behind them next year. A few years ago, I stayed at a hostel with some guys from Northern Ireland; all three were catholics. One of them was a Tim, but a decent bloke, the other two supported English teams. One evening we were talking about about whether or not they supported Ireland or Northern Ireland at football, and their views were interesting and at the same time pretty sad. They all said that they were proud to be from Northern Ireland and really wanted to support the team, but found it difficult due to the singing that went on at the matches. As a result, they now cheered on the Republic. As they told this they all seemed genuinely dissapointed and sincere that they felt they couldn't support Northern Ireland. Now, I don't really get involved in the whole political issue regarding this, and, given that I not from Northern Ireland , I can't really fully understand the situation there. Nonetheless, it would be great if the whole country could get behind the team regardless of the religous/political issues. I know this is just a pipe dream, but in light of recent events in Paris/Beirut It would be fantastic if real unity could be shown.

I expect some of the Northern Irish posters on here will shoot me down for this post, but I personally would really love to see Catholic and Protestant standing together cheering on their country in a major championship. Anyway, hope they do really well!

There has not been songs sung like The Sash in years at Windsor at NI matches,infact the NI supporters won an award from UEFA for tackling racism and bigotry years ago. The guys you were talking to are basically lying cunts,I know plenty of catholics who follow our country home and away but then again they do not have a chip on their shoulder or play the victim unlike your drinking buddies.