Scum And Dundee Plan To Play League Match In Usa

Surely the normal competition standard of home and away matches would be breached by any such attempt to play a match outwith these shores.

Obviously money, as ever, is the motivating factor, but would this not constitute a material breach of sporting integrity?

Why are Dundee so keen to jeopardise a home match against a stronger team? How would their fans feel if they were facing a relegation battle and went down by one point or even one goal, if they had forfeited home advantage?

Also, one must assume that the proceeds from any such match should be shared fairly among all 42 clubs.

It's amazing how distant thoughts about sporting integrity become when Peter has a nice wee plan for an earner.

No 2 ways about it, celtic have a fairly big following in the States. I imagine not many would even have heard of Dundee. It would be a throwaway. Couldn't believe it when I read this earlier. Talk of a Euro league gets thrown out straight away but we can play Scottish games in other continents? :lol: Madness.

No 2 ways about it, celtic have a fairly big following in the States. I imagine not many would even have heard of Dundee. It would be a throwaway. Couldn't believe it when I read this earlier. Talk of a Euro league gets thrown out straight away but we can play Scottish games in other continents? :lol: Madness.

Not as I understand it but what the scum would like you to believe.

Boston Celtics yes, Penn state Celtic no.

I thought they had struggled to fill stadiums in America in recent years?

My first reaction to this, as a football fan, is that it totally disregards and alienates the lifeblood of the game, Dundee season ticket holders and away supporters.

Having said that, let them play it on remembrance Sunday next year and let the states and the rest of the world really see what some in their support (most likely travelling Scots) are all about.

Not as I understand it but what the scum would like you to believe.

Boston Celtics yes, Penn state Celtic no.

I thought they had struggled to fill stadiums in America in recent years?

My first reaction to this, as a football fan, is that it totally disregards and alienates the lifeblood of the game, Dundee season ticket holders and away supporters.

Having said that, let them play it on remembrance Sunday next year and let the states and the rest of the world really see what some in their support (most likely travelling Scots) are all about.

Another good point. Surely the possibility of NO games against celtic at Dens Park would put off quite a few potential season ticket buyers.

This should be an obvious non-starter, and how it's picking up so much pace is quite simply baffling.

The idea in principle is not to bad - nice money spinner and an international audience. But Dundee vs Celtic? Fuck sake, really? The only Scottish fixture you could put on the international map and guarantee a massive crowd is Rangers vs Celtic. Anyone who says otherwise is a fucking idiot.