George Best

Only seen videos of Best but Cristiano Ronaldo is far and away the best all round player that there has ever been

Seriously? Brilliant yes, team player? No it is all about Cristiano that alone discounts him. His obsession with Messi alone makes him more like a Tim and their obsession with us.

He's Portugal's all time top goal scorer...

Dalglish is our top scorer but has still achieved nothing in the grand scheme of things.( internationals)

I meant when you compare him to say Maradona who starred when Argentina won the WC or Pele who was in 3 winning sides or Xavi or Iniesta who were in a side that were World and Euro champions at the same time.

Great player yes. Best footballer ever?not for me

Impossible to prove as he has done nothing internationally. Not even the current best imo

He plays for a god awful country no one could take that Portugal side to glory.

His record speaks for its self he is the best in the world and that makes him arguably the best ever as this generations players Are better than what has gone before due to how much ability is required now.

Seriously? Brilliant yes, team player? No it is all about Cristiano that alone discounts him. His obsession with Messi alone makes him more like a Tim and their obsession with us.

Yes Cristiano Ronaldo can do everything to a higher standard than anyone else could.

There are better dribblers Messi being one of them, Better in the air Alan Shearer being one but for all round game no one touches Cristiano Ronaldo.

Yes Cristiano Ronaldo can do everything to a higher standard than anyone else could.

There are better dribblers Messi being one of them, Better in the air Alan Shearer being one but for all round game no one touches Cristiano Ronaldo.

Never going to agree here mate, I will stick with not being able to decide between Pele, Messi or Maradona.

What does he do better than Messi?

George Best, David Ginola, Liam Brady, Ian Rush, Eric Cantona, Ryan Giggs, Duncan Edwards Alfredo De Stefano and Kirk Broadfoot..

Anyone guess what all these great players had in common ?

None of them played in a world cup finals.

Best was briefly considered for Northern Ireland's 1982 squad aged 36, but it had been 5 years since his previous cap.

Will Cristiano Ronaldo be remembered fondly in 20 or 30 or 40 years time, the way Pele, Matadona, Best, Cruyff are now? Maybe by Cristiano Ronaldo, yes.

I bet Eusebio is longer remembered as the greatest Portuguese footballer than "CR7" is. And ego has a lot to do with that.

Will Cristiano Ronaldo be remembered fondly in 20 or 30 or 40 years time, the way Pele, Matadona, Best, Cruyff are now? Maybe by Cristiano Ronaldo, yes.

I bet Eusebio is longer remembered as the greatest Portuguese footballer than "CR7" is. And ego has a lot to do with that.

:lol:

I somehow doubt that Portugal and Real Madrid's all time top goal scorer will be forgotten any time soon.

:lol:

I somehow doubt that Portugal and Real Madrid's all time top goal scorer will be forgotten any time soon.

Reading that in the cold light of day, it was a load of pish :D

I think I was trying to say he would be remembered as much for being a preening narcissist as a great footballer.

Reading that in the cold light of day, it was a load of pish :D

I think I was trying to say he would be remembered as much for being a preening narcissist as a great footballer.

That is the biggest issue apart from his having to be the headline act, not a team player, his self love is beyond comparison and is the main reason why I can't stand the cunt, talented footballer or not.