De La Hoya V Pacquiao M

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think al save some beanos for this next week. Sure Oscar is only fighting smaller fighters these days, guys who are blown up from lesser weights ie Manny started out at 112 pounds and De La Hoya has fought as high as Middleweight (160 pounds) but he sure is a matchmaker and knows how to capture the imagination of the public. I expect Oscar to overwhelm Manny with the his size being a big factor in the outcome. Probably a stoppage late on. Looking forward to seein Carl Froch, Enzo Mac and Amir Khan all fight next week aswell. Carl Froch is on a different bill which is on primetime ITV as he goes up against the also undefeated Jean Pascal for the WBC Super Middlewight title (Joe's old belt). This should be great exposure for him and a cracking fight!!!

Think al save some beanos for this next week. Sure Oscar is only fighting smaller fighters these days, guys who are blown up from lesser weights ie Manny started out at 112 pounds and De La Hoya has fought as high as Middleweight (160 pounds) but he sure is a matchmaker and knows how to capture the imagination of the public. I expect Oscar to overwhelm Manny with the his size being a big factor in the outcome. Probably a stoppage late on. Looking forward to seein Carl Froch, Enzo Mac and Amir Khan all fight next week aswell. Carl Froch is on a different bill which is on primetime ITV as he goes up against the also undefeated Jean Pascal for the WBC Super Middlewight title (Joe's old belt). This should be great exposure for him and a cracking fight!!!

you do like your boxing paul mate

Fuckin love it bro, never really got hooked on it until a seen Calzaghe v Kessler last year but since then Ive become obsessed lol!!!

Fuckin love it bro, never really got hooked on it until a seen Calzaghe v Kessler last year but since then Ive become obsessed lol!!!

really dont watch as much as a should tbh

Few video's from Youtube for the run up to the fight for anyone who has a spare hour (tu)

De La Hoya vs Pacquiao 24/7

De La Hoya's Greatist Hits

Pac Man's Greatest Hits

I've been going to the boxing for about a year now and I love it. It is unbelievably addictive, must just be the adrenaline that your brain releases when your hitting the bag or mits. It is also interesting how important technique is when punching, not how strong you are physically. I was at my training and a local football team turned up to do their fitness training, they got the gloves on thinking here we go, watch how hard I can whack the bag about. They were brutal, their technique was all over the shop so had no power at all in any of their punches. I am about 4 years younger than half of them and about 2 stone lighter yet I was hitting the bag harder simply because I had the correct technique. It has taken me about 7 months just to master my jab, so I can get enough power.

I'd recommend anybody to take it up if you are looking to get in shape, definitely the best training out there and also the improvement you can see when hitting the bag or mits keeps ou motivated to keep you going back for more. (tu)

Few video's from Youtube for the run up to the fight for anyone who has a spare hour (tu)

Pac Man's Greatest Hits

I've been going to the boxing for about a year now and I love it. It is unbelievably addictive, must just be the adrenaline that your brain releases when your hitting the bag or mits. It is also interesting how important technique is when punching, not how strong you are physically. I was at my training and a local football team turned up to do their fitness training, they got the gloves on thinking here we go, watch how hard I can whack the bag about. They were brutal, their technique was all over the shop so had no power at all in any of their punches. I am about 4 years younger than half of them and about 2 stone lighter yet I was hitting the bag harder simply because I had the correct technique. It has taken me about 7 months just to master my jab, so I can get enough power.

I'd recommend anybody to take it up if you are looking to get in shape, definitely the best training out there and also the improvement you can see when hitting the bag or mits keeps ou motivated to keep you going back for more. (tu)

Am starting up the beginning of next year. Prob down the Harrison gym. Do u go 2 a gym in EK?

Pac Man's Greatest Hits

Am starting up the beginning of next year. Prob down the Harrison gym. Do u go 2 a gym in EK?

Yeh I used to go at the John Wrights but had to stop because I changed shifts in work. I now go up to Jackton to train, guy Neily McLellan from the Blantyre gym goes up and takes it.

My brother trains at the Harrison gym in Dalmarnock, a wee guy Pat takes him. My brother has had 8 amateur fights winning 5 and losing the other 3. I just go to stay fit and learn the techniques but I can't see me ever getting in the ring competitively, don't think i'd have the bottle tbh.

Bit of a mismatch size wise but Oscar has been on the slide for a while now and I hope that Manny can beat him. I just think DLH natural size will keep manny at bay for the 1st half of the fight. Oscar's stamina does let him down late on as we seen in the PBF fight, his jab was non existent after round 7 onwards.

I don't think Manny will hzave the power to stop DLH but if he makes it past round 8 without being hit too hard he could last the distance, I think he will lose on points, possibly a split decision but I hope I am wrong.

I have a works night out on sat so recordign the Froch fight which I think wil be the best of the night. I might not bother with getting the manny fight in as I dunno what state I will be in, also Enzo will be fighting a bum if he is lucky to get anyone at such short notice and Khan is fighting another complete nobody who can't hit for sh!t so that is not worth the £15 IMO.

Bit of a mismatch size wise but Oscar has been on the slide for a while now and I hope that Manny can beat him. I just think DLH natural size will keep manny at bay for the 1st half of the fight. Oscar's stamina does let him down late on as we seen in the PBF fight, his jab was non existent after round 7 onwards.

I don't think Manny will hzave the power to stop DLH but if he makes it past round 8 without being hit too hard he could last the distance, I think he will lose on points, possibly a split decision but I hope I am wrong.

I have a works night out on sat so recordign the Froch fight which I think wil be the best of the night. I might not bother with getting the manny fight in as I dunno what state I will be in, also Enzo will be fighting a bum if he is lucky to get anyone at such short notice and Khan is fighting another complete nobody who can't hit for sh!t so that is not worth the £15 IMO.

Yeh m8 Warren is a joke. He has lost 2 world title fights from this bill with Nicky Cook calling off aswell. To be fair tho I dont ever think that Jonathon Banks fancied the Enzo fight. Watched his fight in the summer on the Klitschko undercard in Germany and he was woeful. Enzo would have smashed him up I think!!!

I agree but the card looks brutal, even have Audley on it!

Cannot stand the sight of that waste of space.

I might try to get a link for the pacman fight.

Speaking of Warren, I hate him. He is a cancer on British boxing. He got Khan that sky contract which I bet sky execs are regretting already. The only reason that Sky are putting Pacman and DLH on the same bill is to drive extra sales as they are 2 seperate events.

There is no way that sky would have had Manny v DLH as a PPV on it's own. It would have been on at like 3 am on sky sports as normal but they need to rake in as much cash as possible to cover what Khan is getting.

Just think of how many PPV sales Warren would have got without DLH v PAcman on the same offer. There would be almost zero interest. I feel like I should be seeing Pacman v DLH without having to fork out 15 quid jsut because sky made a mistake jumping on the glass chin khan bandwagon!

Heard a few rumours that Herbie Hide could be the late replacement against Enzo MacMoobs! Would be a real barnstormer, but seems a bit risky for fwank chucking mantits in with another hitter! A ko loss to a 37 year old last minute replacement would ruin mantits!