Nakamura to leave for nothing.

papaguy51

Celtic's Shunsuke Nakamura will now stay with the Scottish champions until the end of the season.

Nakamura's agent Roberto Takuda left Glasgow on Monday after telling Celtic that Yokohama F Marinos will not now be submitting a bid for the 30-year-old.

Yokohama's parent company, Nissan, had raised a fee of around £3m in a bid to sign the Japan midfielder in January.

But, with the credit crunch hitting the automobile giants hard, they will wait until his contract expires in June.

Nakamura was widely expected to return to his homeland - and Yokohama F Marinos - in the New Year should Celtic exit European competition.

Last week's defeat to Aalborg meant that Celtic have not only failed to qualify from the group stages of the Champions League but also missed out on a parachute into the Uefa Cup.

And, with the J-League season beginning in March, January seemed like the right time to make the switch.

Nakamura signed for Celtic in the summer of 2005 and has been part of manager Gordon Strachan's three title-winning teams.

But, in recent months, the player has indicated that he wishes to return to Japan - and his first club - for the sake of his family and his international career.

It now seems certain that his departure will be delayed until the summer, when he will leave Celtic as a free agent.

A Celtic source has told BBC Sport that they are delighted the player will be available to help the club push for a fourth successive Scottith Premier League title.

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell had repeatedly said that he would prefer Nakamura to remain in Glasgow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/7760665.stm

£3m? Fucking mugs!

Looks like they won't win games in the last minute with free kicks anymore :D

(after the summer)

On present form...I'd rather have Nakamura in our team than Ferguson.

Oh and this.... was scored in the 19th minute :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Nakamura is pish - a few good freekicks and the rest of Scotland think he's a world beater. The majority of the time his freekicks and delivery is on par with Charlie Adam's. He does absolutely fcuk all during a game except from taking a tumble now and again.

If I was Liewell and Strachan I'd bite anyone's hand off form £1m. How I'd love him to change his mind and sign a new contract. He's now beginning to become injury prone aswell.

Looks like they won't win games in the last minute with free kicks anymore :D

(after the summer)

On present form...I'd rather have Nakamura in our team than Ferguson.

Oh and this.... was scored in the 19th minute :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Sniff sniff :craphead:

Nakamura is pish - a few good freekicks and the rest of Scotland think he's a world beater. The majority of the time his freekicks and delivery is on par with Charlie Adam's. He does absolutely fcuk all during a game except from taking a tumble now and again.

If I was Liewell and Strachan I'd bite anyone's hand off form £1m. How I'd love him to change his mind and sign a new contract. He's now beginning to become injury prone aswell.

As his manager at Reggina said -

“Technically, he was excellent, but he wasn’t a player who would win you games. He doesn’t have great physical qualities; even when he goes by a man, he’s quite easily caught. He never manages to be a match-winner. I had to play him further back in the midfield because of that weakness. An attacker in my team has to be productive, there must be an end product.”

That sums him up for me.

Don't get me wrong, i think he's an absolutely world class free kick taker, but a "genius" like some describe? Nah. Strachan's comments about him possessing the ability to play for Madrid or Barcelona were particularly pitiful.

Well well big difference from the big £9 million deal ronnie cully professional hoops fan announced in the evening tims some weeks back, they can't afford £3 million for their jap countryman, probably because they know he's not worth that, usual delusional pish from the glitterdome. No wonder their fans are all mentally insane ! :sherlock:

QUOTE(biotechnology @ Dec 3 2008, 10:03 AM)

Maloney has an educated foot & is just as dangerous IMO.

He will get to take them next year & will score as many.

I've always thought Nakamura is Celtic's best player. Maloney's goal at the weekend backs it up, look at the pass.

who else in that team could pick out a pass like that ? His goal against St.Mirren was great too. Again, who else in the Celtic squad could do that ?

The shawn malooney appreciation society, Taxi for these 2 pronto ! :sherlock:

I've always thought Nakamura is Celtic's best player. Maloney's goal at the weekend backs it up, look at the pass.

who else in that team could pick out a pass like that ? His goal against St.Mirren was great too. Again, who else in the Celtic squad could do that ?

BD

I have an old pal & just like you-he thinks Celtic dont have any good players-just lucky ones.

Your blind if you think he is rubbish.

I know you wouldnt want him in a Gers shirt & TBO he couldnt sign for us because of his name & reputation as a Celtic player-but I have always thought he was a player & he is dangerous-unfortunately

BD

I have an old pal & just like you-he thinks Celtic dont have any good players-just lucky ones.

I know you wouldnt want him in a Gers shirt & TBO he couldnt sign for us because of his name & reputation as a Celtic player-but I have always thought he was a player & he is dangerous-unfortunately

Only dangerous to himself, he's a tanner ba' player and if he is the star you think he is then standards on the fan and player side have fallen dramatically. Pathetic and sad place we are in right now. :sherlock:

BD

Only dangerous to himself, he's a tanner ba' player and if he is the star you think he is then standards on the fan and player side have fallen dramatically. Pathetic and sad place we are in right now. :sherlock:

Im not saying hes a star but he is a good player & dangerous-as we have found to our cost before-in dead ball situations & shots at goal.

His goal at St.Mirren was sublime technique.

Im not gonny get into an argument with you over it-I just cant see where your coming from on this one.

Last time he was here McGayday coodny get into the team & its looking like the same again.

So thats twice hes been keeping a "12 mullion pun player" out the Mhanks team.

Canny be that bad. <cr>

Yeah taxi for me because I said a Celtic player made a good pass.

get a fucking grip mate.

Yeah taxi for me because I said a Celtic player made a good pass.

get a fucking grip mate.

Who gives a monkey's 'who else in the celtic squad could do that.' ? :sherlock: