City in £129m Bid....Rumour?

joeli

It's utter nonsense. Madrid will sell the Bernabeu stadium before they sell Iker Casillas, release clause or not. Casillas wouldnt dream of leaving either.

He's pretty much an impossible target.

:lol:

£129m for him, a goalkeeper? :lol: :lol:

He's not worth more than £35m, never mind £129. :lol:

He's widely regarded as the best goalkeeper around these days tbh.

He's not WORTH more than 35M I agree, but Madrid consider him indispensible. He's up there with Ramos in terms of importance.

The money Man City are gonna splash around in January and the summer is going to be bloody crazy.

They are willing to pay way over the top for players simply because they have the money to do so.

Prices like £129m for Casillas are ridiculous.

Although he is probably one of the best around at the moment £35-40m is still pricey

They should just go get Akinfeev or Lloris. No point spending 100m more on a keeper who is both used to playing in heat and wouldn't have his heart in it anyway.

What a load of rubbish.

I don't know why any footballer would want to go to Man City for footballing reasons. They'll never win anything and they'll never be in the Champions League.

I know a lot who'd go for the money tho and that's what's wrong with football these days.

They should just go get Akinfeev or Lloris. No point spending 100m more on a keeper who is both used to playing in heat and wouldn't have his heart in it anyway.

Robinho? Doing quite well so far...

Why don't they just keep their money and continue with Joe Hart?

He's a good keeper and still young - only 21 plus Fabio Capello and Franco Tancredi seem to rate him.

What a load of rubbish.

I don't know why any footballer would want to go to Man City for footballing reasons. They'll never win anything and they'll never be in the Champions League.

I know a lot who'd go for the money tho and that's what's wrong with football these days.

At the rate they are going, i say in about 5 years, they will be the biggest club in the world, with the biggest players around. Money talks in football, look at Robinho.

:lol: Another season and he'll be complaining.

:lol: Another season and he'll be complaining.

Would you complain on £160k a week?

What a load of rubbish.

At the rate they are going, i say in about 5 years, they will be the biggest club in the world, with the biggest players around. Money talks in football, look at Robinho.

I say they'll still be fighting to stay in the top half of the Premiership. They might just make the new Europa League on the odd occassion?

Iker Casillas means so much to Madrid both on and off the pitch. He came from the youth academy and he signifies everything about a Madridista. He's just after leading Spain to the Euro Championships and he's treated like an absolute God in Spain.

He's Madrid's main face for charities and what not, he's the player that the fans relate to. As i say, Madrid will sell the Bernabeu stadium before they sell Iker Casillas.

Im actually annoyed at that article. It's just so, so ridiculous.

They will get Buffon for 40ish Million. a keeper on a similar level but less than a third of the price.

Surely they could offer to buy McCulloch and Adam for 10M each? I heard they are pretty good at cleaning boots....

Iker Casillas means so much to Madrid both on and off the pitch. He came from the youth academy and he signifies everything about a Madridista. He's just after leading Spain to the Euro Championships and he's treated like an absolute God in Spain.

He's Madrid's main face for charities and what not, he's the player that the fans relate to. As i say, Madrid will sell the Bernabeu stadium before they sell Iker Casillas.

Im actually annoyed at that article. It's just so, so ridiculous.

Doesn't every player in Spain have a release clause in their contract?