Eduardo near to Arsenal return

papaguy51

Eduardo close to Arsenal return

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says striker Eduardo should be back playing competitive football "as soon as possible" following his broken leg.

There were fears for the Croatian's career after he suffered leg and ankle injuries at Birmingham on 23 February.

"He is joining in full training matches but he needs games now," said Wenger.

The news will come as a boost to Arsenal, who have beaten Chelsea and Manchester United recently but are eight points behind leaders Liverpool.

The 25-year-old suffered a fractured left fibula and an open dislocation of his left ankle after a tackle by Birmingham's Martin Taylor during the 2-2 draw at St Andrews.

Eduardo, who had surgery on the same day, missed the remainder of the season and the European Championships but has been undergoing an intensive rehabilitation programme that includes spells in his native Brazil.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...nal/7766883.stm

Great news for Gooners like myself :D

Awesome finisher, always seems to have an extra 2/3 seconds to himself in the box and rarely misses his target.

Can't wait until he's linking up with big Adebayor.

I still reckon he's the best finisher in the EPL, even better than Torres.

If it's running defenders ragged and generally linking play up im after then sure, give me Torres every time. However, if we're talking about a one on one/through on goal situation, then give me Eduardo.

The guy's composure and precision is actually inhuman.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says striker Eduardo should be back playing competitive football "as soon as possible" following his broken leg.

There were fears for the Croatian's career after he suffered leg and ankle injuries at Birmingham on 23 February.

The news will come as a boost to Arsenal, who have beaten Chelsea and Manchester United recently but are eight points behind leaders Liverpool.

The 25-year-old suffered a fractured left fibula and an open dislocation of his left ankle after a tackle by Birmingham's Martin Taylor during the 2-2 draw at St Andrews.

Eduardo, who had surgery on the same day, missed the remainder of the season and the European Championships but has been undergoing an intensive rehabilitation programme that includes spells in his native Brazil.

Awesome finisher, always seems to have an extra 2/3 seconds to himself in the box and rarely misses his target.

Eduardo and Vela up front = :drool:

Good to know im not the only gooner on RM!