chesney got really agitated and huffy

wonder if he is considering it news this evening said he didn't say one way or the other but more importantly didn't dismiss it

As much as i think WGS is a dick with his smarmy comments, tonight was justified. Before the conference every journo was told that there was to be no questions on Keane, Sunderland or Strachan moving as all rumours were a lot of shite.

What does the BBC journo ask? "So is your long term future at Celtic" and Chesney basically said Fuk it and thanked everybody and walked out.

Still a wee dik mind you :lol:

I think the problem would surely have been the veto on all questions about the biggest football story in Britain right now.

That was unwise.

Tend to disagree. The Friday press conference is supposed to be about the team and the game the next day. Keane leaving Sunderland has feck all to do with Strapon so they made that clear before the Press Conference.

Its happened to Watty and Eck on a few occassions as well and a few occassions had the same end result of no further questions.

I'd be delighted if he left. Say what you want about the guy, but he has the SPL down to an absolute tee.

He's also started to establish an actual scouting system for them. Their links in Eastern Europe, Poland especially, leave us lying in wake.

I think unfortunately he knows he's onto a good thing here and will probably stay until the championships dry up.

I have a friend of a friend who works for Real Radios sports department and apparently none of the press pack have any time at all for the arrogant wee so and so ... in fact if they want to cause annoyance they only have to call him Strachan because apparently he hates that :mutley:

Why would there be a pre conference agreement if Strapon wasn't seriously considering the Sunderland job? It seems he's interested but doesn't want to say so as he hasn't actually been offered the position. Otherwise he'd just say "No, it's load of shit and I'm happy where I am."

I think the problem would surely have been the veto on all questions about the biggest football story in Britain right now.

That was unwise.

Very true, if one question had been allowed- "Do you see your long term future at Celtic?"

A simple one word answer would have done from Chesney "yes"

He has just moved up to third favourite for the job according to bookies. Would love to see him go, because he knows how to win the SPL :angry2:

No he doesn't.

McLeish and LeGuen gifted him the first two, then the SPL and referees gave him the third one.

He's been a lucky wee bugger, but I don't think that winning the league three times means that he knows how to do it when there's proper competition and no assistance.

I was wondering if his tactics yesterday were designed to cause trouble. pushing Caldwell up from defence to partner Hartley made for a sluggish midfield. Persisting with Sheridan for an hour when he was clearly useless....not starting McGreety and Naka and not bringing either on until it was too late

He can't be saving players for a meaningless CL tie on Wednesday :shifty: :Animation44-dont over use: