Ally Tactics Yesterday

SteveJ

I would have thought someone would have posted by now but clearly not - as I cannot find it.

If you were watching yesterday, as Ally put Kenny on, he did the classic mistake of not telling the player where he was going on the park! You could clearly see Kenny being asked by players what the plan was and he looked the bench and shrugged his shoulders, as if to state he had no clue.

Sums it up for me. We might have been in the driving seat at that point but if you are going to make a substitution, tell the lad where the hell he is playing and if there is a need for others to move positions, they need to know also.

I would have thought someone would have posted by now but clearly not - as I cannot find it.

If you were watching yesterday, as Ally put Kenny on, he did the classic mistake of not telling the player where he was going on the park! You could clearly see Kenny being asked by players what the plan was and he looked the bench and shrugged his shoulders, as if to state he had no clue.

Sums it up for me. We might have been in the driving seat at that point but if you are going to make a substitution, tell the lad where the hell he is playing and if there is a need for others to move positions, they need to know also.

Good point.

Result was flattering yesterday, with 2 freak headers & 2 first touch goals from the subs.

Add that to the shambolic defending, it doesn't look as good as the scoreline suggests.

Well spotted mate .He is indeed clueless like the other two

Nah, part of Ally's tictacs, If our own team dont have a clue HTF are the opposition going to have a clue :lol:

Good point.

Result was flattering yesterday, with 2 freak headers & 2 first touch goals from the subs.

Add that to the shambolic defending, it doesn't look as good as the scoreline suggests.

total bollocks. I am not an ally supporter. I wish he would go. However the subs totally changed the game and we well deserved to win. The two headers were good goals, esp moshni( who had a nightmare day). That was a very brave goal. We had an atrocious first half but QOS had few chances apart from the goals. Infantile defending. My problem is that they were able to control the first half, esp last 20 mins. Might be the first and last time I say it but Black made a big difference. As for Temps goal, it was a cracker and we shud be scoring more like it. Let's start giving credit where due and stop watching the game thru blinkered glasses.

total bollocks. I am not an ally supporter. I wish he would go. However the subs totally changed the game and we well deserved to win. The two headers were good goals, esp moshni( who had a nightmare day). That was a very brave goal. We had an atrocious first half but QOS had few chances apart from the goals. Infantile defending. My problem is that they were able to control the first half, esp last 20 mins. Might be the first and last time I say it but Black made a big difference. As for Temps goal, it was a cracker and we shud be scoring more like it. Let's start giving credit where due and stop watching the game thru blinkered glasses.

Agree re Temps & Black but 2 headers we'll never score again, so, not total bollocks.

And, apart from the great save from the near own goal, their keeper only had to deal with Boyd efforts from ridiculous angles.

Furthermore, good changes, as they both scored, but when the substitute's substitute scores with his first touch - you're not going to get that lucky every week.

Agree re Temps & Black but 2 headers we'll never score again, so, not total bollocks.

And, apart from the great save from the near own goal, their keeper only had to deal with Boyd efforts from ridiculous angles.

Furthermore, good changes, as they both scored, but when the substitute's substitute scores with his first touch - you're not going to get that lucky every week.

I absolutely agree we are not making enough chances. So in spite of poor tactics, sorry no tactics, poor defending, lack of width, long high balls to a poacher who can't jump, we won the game. We will score goals like the two headers because we win all our games thru individual quality and not thru teamwork. As I have said I wish we had new management. Look at Dundee today. They have plucked ordinary players and made them a team. We, apparently, have the best of these ordinary players but are far away from being a team. But we have some individual quality. I,m not having a go at you mate, just delighted that although our teamwork is poor, we have that individual quality to see us thru. FFS we need it.

I absolutely agree we are not making enough chances. So in spite of poor tactics, sorry no tactics, poor defending, lack of width, long high balls to a poacher who can't jump, we won the game. We will score goals like the two headers because we win all our games thru individual quality and not thru teamwork. As I have said I wish we had new management. Look at Dundee today. They have plucked ordinary players and made them a team. We, apparently, have the best of these ordinary players but are far away from being a team. But we have some individual quality. I,m not having a go at you mate, just delighted that although our teamwork is poor, we have that individual quality to see us thru. FFS we need it.

No worries - I think you've hit the nail on the head, in that bits of individual quality will, periodically, show through & be the difference. (Or a bit of luck!).

That's exactly how I see it.

Didn't see the Dundee game, but I can picture just what you're driving at there.

Anyone actually think that possibly the players were asking him if he knew how Temps was, seeing that the sub got subbed! FFS it's a good scenario as the shite one that got posted originally, as to not knowing who was playing where then why did Miller go straight through the middle with Boyd and Clark come more to the right?

Ally - "right Kenny get on there and put this game to bed"

Kenny -" righto boss, no problems"

Kenny runs on and all the players ask " you gonni score a goal for us "

Kenny replies " i dunno, maybe" shrugs his shoulders winks at Boydy and says "fuck sake Krissy, why are they asking me a stupid fucking question"

That is what i read into that wee exchange.