Shiels, Daly, Black & Law.

Clemdog

Will these guys change our transfer policy when we get back to the top? If all going well we get back to some form of reality in the future will we venture into the Scottish market again?

These players were arguably the best players in the SPL when they came to us (outside the OF) and have all been, ranging from differing degrees of, pish.

Depending on what money we have, we might need to dabble in the free agent market for a while. Hopefully we have some form of scouting network then as our signings have been fairly poor for a while.

In theory they were good solid SPL players that would improve our squad. In reality they haven't managed to hit the heights they did at their previous clubs.

Now it could be that they don't have the mentality to play for a club of our stature or it could be that they are being asked to perform in unfamiliar roles on the pitch. Who knows?

One thing is for sure: hunting for bargains in the SPL doesn't seem to be working and we need to cast our net further. The sooner we get our scouting dept up and running the better.

Although the fans are split over whether the money should have been spent on these players there is no doubt that they were proven performers in the SPL although all have underperformed for us.

Until there is a clearout of the club board and management/coaching team anything we achieve will be through good fortune as the quality is not there to run a football club on or off the park.

The names you mentioned are a great example of the powers that be spending money we can't afford on players that we haven't improved or got the best from.

Should all be released at the end of there contracts as I don't think anyone would be daft enough to make an offer for them. Saying that if Ally is still the manager there will be new deals coming for all 4 of them as well as Hutton just incase all 4 get injured.

We only know one way really and that's to throw money at the situation.

Be interesting to see whether a scouting system ever materialises, what's the point when you can just sign ageing players who have been there and done it?

I can't wait to get a manager and board in place who look further ahead than a season.

We only know one way really and that's to throw money at the situation.

Be interesting to see whether a scouting system ever materialises, what's the point when you can just sign ageing players who have been there and done it?

I can't wait to get a manager and board in place who look further ahead than a season.

Ageing players? Black and Shiels only turned 29 this year, and Nicky Law is only 26 (looks older mind you lol). Of course that means they were a lot younger when we did sign them.

Ageing players? Black and Shiels only turned 29 this year, and Nicky Law is only 26 (looks older mind you lol). Of course that means they were a lot younger when we did sign them.

Yea but they were signed for a situation where we should have been saving money and building for the top league.

Good signings on paper but why the fuck they were signed for the bottom tier in Scotland, I'll never know.

We were raped in the cups so it's not like we can justify their signings with that.

You have guys like Gallagher and Mckay going on loan when they should be used to keep Boyd, Miller and soon to be Daly on their toes.

The posters saying that the loans are a good thing for Rangers clearly haven't studied McCoist's managerial abilities(or lack of them) throughout this journey.

We're banging our heads off a brick wall with the manager and board we have right now though, it's like waking up on plane and finding out that Stevie Wonder is your pilot.

Na dont agree with the above personally think Black is a decent player and when he is not in the middle of the park for us we struggle. Daly form dipped second half of last season but he scored shit load of goals for us. Shields clearly a player that is lacking in confidence not being played doesnt help your form and for Law I also think can be a decent player for us but only only shows this in flashes. I could think of worst examples

Goes back to competition theory: all the teams we have played have been at such a poor level they have all become demotivated and lost their form.

We should have been targeting players who would have come here with something to prove.

Or employing someone who can motivate them...............

Good SPL players coming to Rangers and start playing pish mystery <cr>

Any solutions, please send on a postcard to:

Mr Alistair McCoist

The Rangers Football Club

Ibrox Stadium

150 Edmiston Drive

Glasgow G51 2XD

Postcard :lol: not saw one of those in years ...

Solution? Get a manager in who doesn't want to be best mates with his "boys"

Yea but they were signed for a situation where we should have been saving money and building for the top league.

Good signings on paper but why the fuck they were signed for the bottom tier in Scotland, I'll never know.

We were raped in the cups so it's not like we can justify their signings with that.

You have guys like Gallagher and Mckay going on loan when they should be used to keep Boyd, Miller and soon to be Daly on their toes.

The posters saying that the loans are a good thing for Rangers clearly haven't studied McCoist's managerial abilities(or lack of them) throughout this journey.

We're banging our heads off a brick wall with the manager and board we have right now though, it's like waking up on plane and finding out that Stevie Wonder is your pilot.

You could argue that due to their relatively young ages we were building for the top league.

You could argue that due to their relatively young ages we were building for the top league.

Indeed, but then the Rangers regress took over, not Ally's fault in the case of Black, I just think he is a cunt with a cuntish attitude in general.

I believe if we brought in Messi he would be playing like Kevin Kyle within 6 months and would be getting loaned out to Brechin.

Our set up is that bad.

Indeed, but then the Rangers regress took over, not Ally's fault in the case of Black, I just think he is a cunt with a cuntish attitude in general.

I believe if we brought in Messi he would be playing like Kevin Kyle within 6 months and would be getting loaned out to Brechin.

Our set up is that bad.

Unfortunately hindsight is a wonderful thing! Not having stability at the club for so long really hasn't helped matters that much either.

Unfortunately hindsight is a wonderful thing! Not having stability at the club for so long really hasn't helped matters that much either.

We've been a mess but there's no real reason for the manager to go down the quick fix route when we were starting in a poor part time league.

We've had pathetic nodding dog CEO's who just say 'Yes, Alistair' and sign the cheques which is just as bad.

I would have taken scraped promotions with a youngish team bolstered by players from the divisions above.

End result would be a lot more money in the bank and young players with a wealth of experience behind them to either help us in the top league or move elsewhere.

That's not hindsight either as I remember the vast majority of posters being taken aback by the signings of Temps, Black, Sandaza etc.

We never demanded those players and it was the choice of those in charge to go down that road.

We've been a mess but there's no real reason for the manager to go down the quick fix route when we were starting in a poor part time league.

We've had pathetic nodding dog CEO's who just say 'Yes, Alistair' and sign the cheques which is just as bad.

I would have taken scraped promotions with a youngish team bolstered by players from the divisions above.

End result would be a lot more money in the bank and young players with a wealth of experience behind them to either help us in the top league or move elsewhere.

That's not hindsight either as I remember the vast majority of posters being taken aback by the signings of Temps, Black, Sandaza etc.

We never demanded those players and it was the choice of those in charge to go down that road.

At that time we didn't really have a squad, and if you look at the players left then we would have been playing 16/17 year old players week in, week out, we also didn't have a pre-season and no opportunity to play those younger players to get an impression of how well they might do, it's fine saying they should have been given a chance but the majority of the team would have been 18 at the oldest or younger when we got our first competitive match.

Did we need to sign some of those that we did, of course we didn't, but that's not a decision I would have wanted to have had to make at the time.

Here we go...no pre season

It's obvious we made an utter cunt of it from day one. Theres just no getting away from it.

We had a solid base already still here like Wallace, Jig, Alexander, Hutton, Little and a few others…that was more than enough to mean we could promote some of our young boys like Aird, McLeod, McKay ect while bringing in some experienced lower league players to bolster us. So don’t give it the “we had no choice because of circumstance” rubbish because that’s exactly what it is….Rubbish.

We choose to sign high wage players like Black, Shiels, Sandaza, Kyle, Templeton and many others…we didn’t have to go down that route but we did because it was easier than actually building something with a long term plan…throwing money at situations that stump McCoist has fucked us up to the point we might not have a squad capable of doing anything of note next season.

So please spare me the no pre season and no choice but to get these players pish.

Will these guys change our transfer policy when we get back to the top? If all going well we get back to some form of reality in the future will we venture into the Scottish market again?

These players were arguably the best players in the SPL when they came to us (outside the OF) and have all been, ranging from differing degrees of, pish.

Depending on what money we have, we might need to dabble in the free agent market for a while. Hopefully we have some form of scouting network then as our signings have been fairly poor for a while.

Daly, our top scorer last year, was far from pish - law is of form but has in general done well overall - black started slow but again has done a turn and sheiks has been injured but Meh!

See next time your bored - try positive thoughts - be different!

At that time we didn't really have a squad, and if you look at the players left then we would have been playing 16/17 year old players week in, week out, we also didn't have a pre-season and no opportunity to play those younger players to get an impression of how well they might do, it's fine saying they should have been given a chance but the majority of the team would have been 18 at the oldest or younger when we got our first competitive match.

Did we need to sign some of those that we did, of course we didn't, but that's not a decision I would have wanted to have had to make at the time.

Beggars cant be choosers though.

It's like declaring yourself bankrupt because you can't pay your debt, then when it comes off your credit record you celebrate by getting new credit cards.

Whether they are good enough or not was not the issue, they would have done a job and would have been a lot better cashwise than the road we chose to head down.

Godfather's post sums it up as well.