U20s v Hamilton tonight apparently

50ShadesofBlue

Mcarthy and McArthur have raked in Wigan £20m plus in fees for a combined outlay of £1.5m to Hamilton, the talents out there but seems to pass us by.

The 'talent' did not go for an out lay of £1.5m they went for that fee plus their wages - which would have been far in excess what we would be willing to pay weekly! Especially for young players

Morale must be sky high amongst the youths right now, work hard, clean Jig's boots and you can win a loan move away to a shitey team, then be released on your return to Ibrox. Come on lads, how much do you want it!

"Awrite gaffer, that's me back. Scored a few goals and a few MOTM's under my belt."

"Sorry son, wee blacky staying oan and jig's been a rock in goal/defence/midfield/attack! Good luck and we will see you again when you knock us out of the cup in a few years".

"Awrite gaffer, that's me back. Scored a few goals and a few MOTM's under my belt."

"Sorry son, wee blacky staying oan and jig's been a rock in goal/defence/midfield/attack! Good luck and we will see you again when you knock us out of the cup in a few years".

Ally and Walter must have sat together many a time and bemoaned the fact that under 30's are allowed to play football, it's annoying trying to teach someone new skills rather than just telling them to kick it in the goals.

The 'talent' did not go for an out lay of £1.5m they went for that fee plus their wages - which would have been far in excess what we would be willing to pay weekly! Especially for young players

i think he means how are we not rearing talents like that to sell to english clubs for money

mccarthy played in the SPL for hamilton aged 17, we are sending 21yo's out on loan to gain experience of playing against men

i think he means how are we not rearing talents like that to sell to english clubs for money

mccarthy played in the SPL for hamilton aged 17, we are sending 21yo's out on loan to gain experience of playing against men

If we were in the top league - Macleoud and Aird would also have claims of playing in the SPL at a young age - as would others, but we weren't so they couldn't!

- If Lewis and Fraser play next season in the top league I would fully expect decent bids for them from EPL sides - and then we will have reared talent to sell to English Clubs - and then this place will then go into meltdown as we are selling our brightest young talent! Thats how it works nowadays - the club is wrong now what's the question! I can't see people rejoicing when we sell someone on.

Also what's wrong with some of our younger players getting more experience?

(As I said elsewhere) My daughter has just stpped up to fight Seniors at Judo - she doen't look out of place, but nor is she (yet) at the top of the tree - the fights are tougher, someoff the girls are stronger - but she is developing and in 2 -3 years (hopefully) she will be as strong and as experienced and her quality will take her to the top.

Its the same (but slightly different) in football - being a good young one, is different from being a good old one. A team of young players may have lots of talent - lots of potential, but playing against a team of more experienced (but lower quality) adults - they are likely to lose / find the games tougher than they are used to.

In a team game you can 'afford' to bring in one or two kids for experience but not to many and not to quickly.

I really dont see much wrong in the way the club is handling our younger players - while still focusing on our main goal of moving up the leagues. But folk like to harp on as though ALL these kids have to do is be coached, play well and they will win every week. I don't think its that easy.

Its the same (but slightly different) in football - being a good young one, is different from being a good old one. A team of young players may have lots of talent - lots of potential, but playing against a team of more experienced (but lower quality) adults - they are likely to lose / find the games tougher than they are used to.

In a team game you can 'afford' to bring in one or two kids for experience but not to many and not to quickly.

in a normal club yes, but given the 2 seasons we have just had, to only have aird and macleod as youths that have broken through is a very VERY poor return

and again in the other thread, i stated how mccoist contradicted himself regarding youths, and no one has been able to counter the claim

for 2 years u20 games were good enough for our young players, instead of game time against men, part timers but men all the same

now it seems u20 games ARENT good enough and the boys need regular game time against men

whats it to be?