*** RM Sponsors Fund - Hall of Fame & Good Deeds -2014/2015

govanblue

• 2 weeks later...

Good Fortune - Rising Stars - We won a Prize.

Ticket number 41019 won 3rd prize - £100

http://www.rangerslo...=92&starsId=247

Since our aim is to reinvest any RDF winnings back into RDF, I propose that we buy two more Rangers Lotto annual subscriptions for the Fund (£42 each), and buy scratchcards with the change.

Please let me know if you have a better idea. (tu)

Good Deed! - Fund member Donation - Merchandise for the Fund / Erskine

Fund member ****** has donated a large quantity of Large Rangers Gift Bags (I haven't counted them yet but probably about 80 to 100!)

I haven't collected them yet, but they're probably something like this...

myOaKxWYME_vA_sbRnvnd1w.jpg

Plus he paid quite a lot for postage for them - not just because of their bulky size, but mainly because I gave him the wrong address, they went missing for a month and then got returned to him, then he had to pay the postage again. :(

But we got over those hurdles, and this now means that every diehard Bluenose in our Erskine Homes will get their presents delivered in the best possible bag this Christmas. (tu)

We'll give Erskine as many as they need/want and if there are any left, you may find your next RCF pin badge wrapped in one. :D

So well done to ****** for having the patience to endure my incompetence, and for helping to brighten up another Erskine Christmas. :thumbup:

Update:

We had a few courier difficulties after that, but I did eventually receive two boxes full of bags. Many thanks yet again to the Fund Member. (tu)

It turns out they're not gift bags though, they're actually drawstring gymsacks...

RFC_Gym_Bag_zps99048713.jpg

Which is better, because we can find more uses for them. They make good plimsoll bags, swim-kit bags, toiletry bags, kids backpacks, and lots of other uses.

First use is that they'll be available to Fund Members for £1 each (RRP £2.99)

Then we'll see if the Rangers Girls U-13 squad want some.

And Erskine of course

I haven't counted them yet, but there's about 150. (tu)

Fund Action! - Supporting Rangers Ladies - Match Sponsors

RangersMedia were match sponsors for the match v Glasgow City, Sunday 5th October.

We provided the mascots...

mascots_RM_zps412e1a5a.jpg

Both of whom received a match ball. (tu)

We also donated approx 30 Rangers Gym-sacks for the U-13 girls squad...

RFC_Gym_Bag_zps99048713.jpg

Also, Mrs Eagle's Rangers Charity Shop kindly donated some Rangers jewellery (seen in the mascot photo) - a Rangers Ring for each of the mascots, and a ring and pendant for Player of the Match Khym Ramsay.

The next RM sponsored match is at the Toryglen Regional Football Centre (opposite Asda) Sunday 2nd November v c*ltic.

Free entrance for Fund members! PM me.

Good Fortune - Rising Stars - We won a Prize.

Ticket number 41019 won 3rd prize - £100

http://www.rangerslo...=92&starsId=247

Since our aim is to reinvest any RDF winnings back into RDF, I propose that we buy two more Rangers Lotto annual subscriptions for the Fund (£42 each), and buy scratchcards with the change.

Please let me know if you have a better idea. (tu)

how about splitting any prizes we win between a couple of charities or maybe having a charity of the month and they get all the winnings or something along that line"

how about splitting any prizes we win between a couple of charities or maybe having a charity of the month and they get all the winnings or something along that line"

Charity of the Month is an excellent idea. Not just for Lotto winnings. (tu)

We currently have 4 Fund tickets, and 8 individual members.

What we do with any prize won by the 4 Fund-paid tickets will be for all the Sponsors' Fund Members to decide. So if we win anything, we will have a specific discussion thread for it, then a vote if required.

Any prize won by an individual Lotto member is theirs to do whatever they like with. The member has already done their good deed by giving that money to the Rangers Lotto (and RDF are loving our contributions btw!) and the incentive for joining is that they can win a prize.

I would expect that anyone winning big in our Lotto Group would want to give a donation to the Sponsors' Fund, which is fine, but we would not want that winner to be over-generous towards us.

Oh and btw - if an individual member (or the Fund itself) wins a jackpot, the Fund also wins £1000 as the Agent. (tu)

Edit: Oops, I thought this was the Lotto thread.

Charity of the Month is an excellent idea. Not just for Lotto winnings. (tu)

We currently have 4 Fund tickets, and 8 individual members.

What we do with any prize won by the 4 Fund-paid tickets will be for all the Sponsors' Fund Members to decide. So if we win anything, we will have a specific discussion thread for it, then a vote if required.

Any prize won by an individual Lotto member is theirs to do whatever they like with. The member has already done their good deed by giving that money to the Rangers Lotto (and RDF are loving our contributions btw!) and the incentive for joining is that they can win a prize.

I would expect that anyone winning big in our Lotto Group would want to give a donation to the Sponsors' Fund, which is fine, but we would not want that winner to be over-generous towards us.

Oh and btw - if an individual member (or the Fund itself) wins a jackpot, the Fund also wins £1000 as the Agent. (tu)

Edit: Oops, I thought this was the Lotto thread.

Cheers for the clarification buddy i like that the winner gets to decide what happens to the prize money still a nice touch.

Charity of the month is something id personally like to see happen

Sorry mate, I've just realised you're talking about the Rising Stars winnings. I was posting in another thread about our Lotto group, and thought you were talking about what to do with any money our Lotto players might win.

Silly me.

So, in answer to your actual question now :D ...

The current agreement is that anything won anywhere by the Fund gets put straight back into the Fund and spent in normal Fund ways.

So if we wanted to change that, and donate part of any winnings to charities, that would be a significant policy change, and would require discussion/agreement (on the Fund Discussion thread)...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=272856

Sorry mate, I've just realised you're talking about the Rising Stars winnings. I was posting in another thread about our Lotto group, and thought you were talking about what to do with any money our Lotto players might win.

Silly me.

So, in answer to your actual question now :D ...

The current agreement is that anything won anywhere by the Fund gets put straight back into the Fund and spent in normal Fund ways.

So if we wanted to change that, and donate part of any winnings to charities, that would be a significant policy change, and would require discussion/agreement (on the Fund Discussion thread)...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=272856

If the winner is willing to donate to the charity picked it would work both ways GB