*** Rm Erskine Lunch Fund - Whisky Bum!

govanblue

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you also to the 5 members who donated, but didn't bother to tell me. It's always a nice surprise when I get the figures to see some bonus names. :thumbup:

So we had a total of 47 PayPal donations, and 9 Cash donations

I've still to collect some of those cash donations, but once I do then the total raised in the March Top-Up Fundraiser will be:

£573.73

:clap:

Add that to the £660.48 already in the Lunch Fund, and that gives us a total of:

£1234.21

RM-xmas-cheques-2_zps1dfaf1f1.jpg

Thank you also to the 5 members who donated, but didn't bother to tell me. It's always a nice surprise when I get the figures to see some bonus names. :thumbup:

I've still to collect some of those cash donations, but once I do then the total raised in the March Top-Up Fundraiser will be:

£573.73

Add that to the £660.48 already in the Lunch Fund, and that gives us a total of:

£1234.21

£573.73

£1234.21

GB really well done mate. That's a great pic of you. Handsome Dude.

I was chatting to Erskine earlier, and they asked me to pass on their thanks to you all for the 5 tickets for last week's game. They were keen to point out just how much the Residents enjoy going to the games.

One Resident, whose memory is particularly bad, usually forgets he's been to the game the minute it's over, and on the drive home, keeps asking when's he going to the game! :lol: But at least while he's sitting with his Pie and Bovril, he knows where he is, and is happy. (tu)

Another Resident has been a bit down of late, hadn't been taking part in anything, and virtually hadn't left his room at all that whole week, but he jumped at the chance to go to the game, and enjoyed himself tremendously. :thumbup:

And there will be a Veteran and Carer at the game on Sunday, making use of their new Quarter-Season Tickets. (tu)

RM Whisky for Erskine Veterans

If anybody wants to donate an unwanted bottle of whisky (or any other spirits/wine/port etc.) to Erskine Care Homes, you can bring it along to the game tomorrow and I'll happily take it off you before kick-off. (tu)

Just PM me for details.

So far, we've got 8 bottles (7 whisky, 1 bourbon). We'd probably need at least another 16 for me to be happy. :pipe:

erskine_park_ibrox2_zpse5cf2459.jpg

RM Whisky for Erskine Veterans

If anybody wants to donate an unwanted bottle of whisky (or any other spirits/wine/port etc.) to Erskine Care Homes, you can bring it along to the game tomorrow and I'll happily take it off you before kick-off. (tu)

Just PM me for details.

So far, we've got 8 bottles (7 whisky, 1 bourbon). We'd probably need at least another 16 for me to be happy. :pipe:

Also, bear in mind that if we get enough whisky donations from members, then we won't need to spend any of the recently-raised cash on alcohol, and can spend that money on other things. (tu)

A big thank you to wotmeworry who has donated 6 bottles of whisky to Erskine!!! I collected 3 from him last week, and 3 more today. (tu)

and also to Carling1873 for bringing along a bottle of Grouse for Erskine. I don't need to ask if the wee fella enjoyed his first Rangers game. :D

And a big thank you to (Wife of) SoldierBlue1 whose big pile of sandwiches was much appreciated by the two young hungry street-urchins - and me! :D

So that brings us up to 9 bottles. Still far short of what we need, but moving in the right direction. (tu)

This campaign doesn't seem to be going very well. :(

I think I made the mistake of assuming that you weren't all a bunch of alky's, so you'd have an untouched bottle lying around somewhere. That was naive of me! :P

Fair do's. Luckily you were all very generous with your cash a few weeks ago, so we'll still be able to work something out. (tu)

Put me down for a bottle of something out of Tesco's mate. Bit far for me to post one to you.

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Much appreciated (tu) but I don't think we want to go down that route. It's really surplus alcohol we're after, which otherwise would just be gathering dust.

I think if you gave me the cash for a bottle of whisky, I'd rather put the cash into the Lunch Fund, where we can use it to buy something else.

You'll be sending your Erskine Donation shortly, so if you want we can bump it up a bit! :D

Much appreciated (tu) but I don't think we want to go down that route. It's really surplus alcohol we're after, which otherwise would just be gathering dust.

I think if you gave me the cash for a bottle of whisky, I'd rather put the cash into the Lunch Fund, where we can use it to buy something else.

You'll be sending your Erskine Donation shortly, so if you want we can bump it up a bit! :D

Your call, I'll add 20 quid, you spend it how you want to

well done gb all your input makes life a wee bit better for those who made our life better big pat on the back we all make donations gladly sometimes we just need a big toe you are our big toe so thanks again big toe :clap::D

Cheers bud - that's appreciated. :thumbup:

To turn an old JFK quote on its head...

"We choose to do this and the other things, not because they are hard, but because they are easy! :D

- and as a bonus, unlike NASA, we don't need to then go and fake it all! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Thanks to a loyal Fund Member who has pledged to bring a bottle of whisky to the next game for me to collect. (tu)

That now gives us 10 bottles. (tu)

12 would have been better, then it would've been 3 bottles for each of the 4 homes, but hey-ho, I'll work something out with what we have. (tu)

Unless, somewhere out there, there are two forgotten bottles of whisky, gin, brandy, port, anything, at the back of a Member's Cupboard? :D

The next task is to purchase approx 80 whisky miniatures for the D-Day Ration Boxes for Erskine Park & Erskine Mains Homes.

at £2.50 each, that's about £200

Oh if only we had a Knight in Shining Armour with something up his sleeve. :sherlock:

1_zps37d7e212.jpg