Next Manager/head Coach?

RFC72RFC

Look at his record! Look at the young Dundee United players who have pumped us out the cup two of the past three seasons, look at his Rio Ave squad who now play for Atletico Madrid, Valencia and Monaco, look at how much better coached Valencia have been this season! Yet, guys like you want McCall on the basis that he beat Hearts and Hibs.

I fucking despair at our support sometimes.

He's an ASSISTANT coach. He has NEVER been a manager and you think we should take the chance. Look at the mess we're in just now because of an inexperienced manager.

You're right we should despair at some of our support.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO - if we are still in the Championship it needs a manager who knows how to set up a team to play and battle its way to promotion. And a manager who can handle big club and media pressures and get a team to handle these pressures too. There are not too many with that sort of experience. McCall will not be the man if there is no promotion this season - far too much of a gamble and he is already showing he cannot set up a team to deal with away games at places like QoS and Livi.

The Board may need to look at picking a manager for the circumstance. One to get promotion and then change when job done. Finding a manager that could organise a team to win promotion and at the same time develop for the future and deliver on both counts would be a tall order.

Bear in mind too that just because they are Rangers men it does not give them secret powers to pick the right manager first time. The utterly disaster scenario is remaining in the Championship and still not promoted next season. Then change again. And again. Until the right formula is found, The odds on that sort of thing happening? I don't know. But I sense that if promotion is not won this season the Board is in for some very very big decisions that will define Rangers future in a big way. Get it right and they will be applauded. Get it wrong and just how ironic would it be if Rangers piledriving into football irrelevance was at the very hands of Directors who made so much of their credentials as Rangers men. History can be a very harsh judge.

I know I'm in the minority but I don't think that would be a bad appointment

to get us up short term yes but not for me in the long run,in hindsight I looks like he'd have been a better option than McCall this season,I'd still like McInnes in when we're back in top league tho

What makes you think that?

didnt we speak to him before McCall got the nod in pretty sure he's on the boards radar and I think he'd jump at the chance should've went with him over McCall,wanted to give McCall every opportunity but my patience is wearing thin with every baffling decision he makes

didnt we speak to him before McCall got the nod in pretty sure he's on the boards radar and I think he'd jump at the chance should've went with him over McCall,wanted to give McCall every opportunity but my patience is wearing thin with every baffling decision he makes

He is around the club a lot more

I like the look of mark warburton, he's challenging for back to back promotions with Brentford in a very competitive league, but is also leaving at the end of the season no matter where he finishes in the league. although McCall did have to deal with chopping and changing the Motherwell squad every season which is similar to the situation at rangers next season. I personally don't like the director of football, we should have a manager with a scouting system giving him transfer targets in positions the manager tells them to look for. The the director of football causes too many unnecessary transfers imo.

That's not for me to say but McCall will have ruined any chance of keeping the job if he can't get out this league. It is simply inconceivable. He will have failed in the easiest task in Scottish football. How can he possibly be kept on?

No chance, he has by far the best squad in the league and didn't even have to catch the league leaders. Easiest task in the country. Get Rangers promoted from the 2nd division.

Lol. What a fucking zoomer.

Not heard so much shite in a long time