Possible Targets ?

teckers1994

Just watching Chelsea uefa youth league and it got me thinking is there a market for us to tap into here there's some good players in that team but let's face it at Chelsea the chances of the majority of these players ever making it to the first team are miniscule so what do you think should we be looking into English premiership reserve teams for possible targets ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends if you're talking about players outwith the top 5 or 6 clubs then maybe but even at that i think short term loan deals is the only realistic chance of getting them. These players want to play in the EPL even if we think they are unlikely to make it. As for HV i don't think he would opt for Rangers if an EPL club came in for him.

How many of them were permanent deals?

All 5 were a possibility. Ally knocked back Weiss. Bartley was still here when we went into administration. Celtic signed Forster, are in talks with Guidetti and are trying to keep Denayer.

As teckers said, if you don't ask, you don't get. No harm in asking for a loan of the best kids from down there, the old firm is an outstanding shop window and as others have proven these guys may fall in the love with the place and want to stay.

It depends if you're talking about players outwith the top 5 or 6 clubs then maybe but even at that i think short term loan deals is the only realistic chance of getting them. These players want to play in the EPL even if we think they are unlikely to make it. As for HV i don't think he would opt for Rangers if an EPL club came in for him.

Where would you suggest? Scandinavia , eastern europe. There are plenty of quality young players out there that would come to us but what are the chances we have the right structure in place to find them.

Where would you suggest? Scandinavia , eastern europe. There are plenty of quality young players out there that would come to us but what are the chances we have the right structure in place to find them.

I think that's probably more realistic. Getting players from Europe who would see Scotland as a stepping stone to the EPL.

The only English based players i see coming to Scotland are journeyman and failed academy players. Not that they wouldn't do a job for us.

I think you're right though it's gonna take a lot of work to get a scouting system set up to go down that route.

Definitely a market we should be looking at the EPL reserve league shits all over the SPFL in terms of quality and there's definitely players to be had there even if it's only a loan initially

And if they do well at us the team take him back or sell him for £millions and we get zip. We need to develop our own players not loan players.

And if they do well at us the team take him back or sell him for £millions and we get zip. We need to develop our own players not loan players.

I doubt it doing well in the dugshit Scottish premier is hardly an indication that he's gonna be a premiership star or sold for millions,also players nearing the end of their contract who clearly have no future at the likes of Man City,Chelsea etc would be a massive step up from nearly everyone in Scotland we could sign imo,although our own youth development shouldn't be hampered as a result I agree on that

I don't think it would affect our own youths chances if anything it could help them in the long run as they would realise where not looking to buy money grabbers on the wrong side of 30 we should be trying to develop a younger fast paced football playing attacking team

Just watching Chelsea uefa youth league and it got me thinking is there a market for us to tap into here there's some good players in that team but let's face it at Chelsea the chances of the majority of these players ever making it to the first team are miniscule so what do you think should we be looking into English premiership reserve teams for possible targets ?

Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, etc, all send reserves to the bundesliga or dutch league. The chances of us getting any decent prospects up here are low, unless we ever end up in the champions league again.

We have a massive task ahead of us this Summer.

There are about ten player in the entire squad who I think could play a role next season (even then most of them would have reduced roles to what they have had over the past couple of years) which leaves us needing at least 15-16 players - first team players, quality players who can be difference makers and a couple of squad players who can fill in when required.

It's going to be a busy Summer for whoever is in charge of us.