Possible Targets ?

teckers1994

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I would say about signing players from down South - is that they are generally pricey, and English players playing in England carry especially inflated values.

There's probably some good freebie deals to be done, but any players playing for the top teams would probably see a move to us a step down - unless it was a temp loan for first team experience.

To attract any decent level of players we need to get promoted.

BPL clubs aren't going to send their youngsters to us on loan if we're still in the Championship.

Wages and contracts concerning transfers will be a problem too if we're still in the Championship. We'll have to pay higher wages to attract better players to play in that league and we'll likely have to give them long-term contracts.

Why we haven't made more use of the dutch lower leagues over the years really is beyond me.

Normally miles ahead - with the odd exception - in terms of technical ability; close proximity, players available for reasonable money (not talking Ajax or PSV here) and a slew of ex Dutch stars having played for us, many of whom still have contact with our coaching staff of the last 6 or 7 years.

We have a massive task ahead of us this Summer.

There are about ten player in the entire squad who I think could play a role next season (even then most of them would have reduced roles to what they have had over the past couple of years) which leaves us needing at least 15-16 players - first team players, quality players who can be difference makers and a couple of squad players who can fill in when required.

It's going to be a busy Summer for whoever is in charge of us.

Hearts did it easily enough.

Hearts did it easily enough.

Hearts rebuild was nowhere near as big as the one we face this Summer.

They brought in about eight or nine players, we've got more players than that out out contract plus we've got the crap that's still under contract but shouldn't be anywhere near the team that in an ideal world would be replaced too.

i honestly believe the majority of the shite that is out of contract will be offered new deals and will still be here next season regardless of what division we are in

If that were the case we will have possibly the smallest crowds ever at Ibrox next season. Not one of the 12 out of contract deserve a new deal. They must be let go.

Allan is a quality player.

With Delia so keen on getting more Scottish players in at celtic I'm genuinely worried they are going to swoop in and sign him when we should be doing all we can to get him so we can build our team around him.

TBH mate the squad they have atm if they start loading the squad with Scottish players in place of the current players imo that's a massive drop in quality..

Allan is a quality player.

With Delia so keen on getting more Scottish players in at celtic I'm genuinely worried they are going to swoop in and sign him when we should be doing all we can to get him so we can build our team around him.

Ally had his chance last year to get him with the kid desperate to come here and he rejected him.

TBH mate the squad they have atm if they start loading the squad with Scottish players in place of the current players imo that's a massive drop in quality..

Don't give one fuck who they sign or loan, only care that who we get have the right winning , no surrender attitude that is expected of a Rangers player, with some of them having a bit of skill as well wouldn't go amiss.

Cummings is not a rhat. Him and his family are all die hard Jambos. He's a cracking wee player. We have worse on our books just now and could also do worse than signing him. Has a lot of potential.

I've been impressed with him whenever I've seen him. Seems to be quite a well rounded player already even though he's still young.

Not sure about that barnet though :BELM: