The One Thing That Is In Mccall's Favour

Was never really convinced at the beginning, was almost convinced after the wins against the Hobo's and Hertz, now back to thinking he's not really up to the job!

Far to much of the old boys network going on for me, McCulloch, Miller and Boyd should be shown the door now, not at the end off the season.

I'm more convinced than ever that as far as McCall's future as Manager is concerned it will boil done to creating and managing the side to win promotion. Do that and he keeps his job. Do that and some (perhaps) of the out of contract players might get the offer of a new contract. Do that and some of the players not out of contract might not be put on the transfer market with any bid accepted just to get them off the payroll.

Fail to win promotion this season and on the evidence of an inability to set teams up to win at places like QoS and Livi would be enough of an indicator that he has not got what it takes to lead Rangers out of this league. Because next season it would be a smaller and less experienced squad with rebuilding right throughout the team. That may take a few seasons but however long it takes it needs a quality of Manager that can do it quickly and go to these sorts of grounds and win 3 points and make Ibrox a fortress again.

Right now McCall - having had some decent game time - is not showing anywhere near enough to deliver next season if we do not win promotion this season. If the Board conclude the same, then they do have a massive job on their hands to find the right sort of Manager to rebuild and deliver promotion. Oh, and at the same time for nearly half a season continue to pay the architect of the current failure - McCoist - his gardening leave wages, c£60k a month until Dec isn't it. That payment every month sure would rub salt into an already big wound. But then financial greed had become institutionally acceptable at Ibrox and it still seems that way, along with a Board that does not confront it or deal with it. What a mess this season has been - but it ain't over yet.

Can't agree. He is making far too many of the same mistakes which cost Ally his job here. Blaming the players only applies to so much, McCall has made some horrendous managerial decisions since taking over and incredibly now has a worse record game by game than Ally McCoist. And we thought it couldn't get any worse.

Quite good that some fans have their knives sharpened already, if he does get the job I await the 'I said he wasn't up to it since....' For a while followed by 'I hope he proves me wrong'. How about we just try backing the manager and the team and everyone tries to pull in the same direction to try and get us out of this bloody league.

McCall has inherited the worst set of players in our clubs history he did well to get 6 points from Hibs & Hearts it's now back to business as usual for the wanker players.

We need a long term manager who can rebuild his own team & get us back to the top, I don't think McCall is that man.