Mcculloch And Bell = Mccall Not Get The Gig

montana100

In my opinion, the gaffers lack of acknowledgement with regards these two players shows he's not got what's needed to take us forward. Bell couldn't catch a snotter with a hanky and Jig is finished.

If he can't make brave dropping decisions then he's no good. Grow a set wee man. We've suffered enough bad management decisions to last us a lifetime.

Bell is just back from a very serious injury as far as goalkeepers are concerned. If a winger ruptured his knee ligiments it wouldn't just take a few weeks of first team football for him to get back to his best. I'm not convinced hes a great keeper in all honesty, but I defo believe when he's at the top of his game he's head and shoulders above the other 2. Only way he will get back to his best is through game time.

McCulloch is indefensible.

Bell is just back from a very serious injury as far as goalkeepers are concerned. If a winger ruptured his knee ligiments it wouldn't just take a few weeks of first team football for him to get back to his best. I'm not convinced hes a great keeper in all honesty, but I defo believe when he's at the top of his game he's head and shoulders above the other 2. Only way he will get back to his best is through game time.

McCulloch is indefensible.

Not sure what you say about bell is true there

He's played 6 or 7 games now and without doubt is getting worse with each game he plays.

He's made mistakes in most of his games and is lacking in confidence which is not doing him or the team any favours.

He's punching balls he should be catching,and dropping balls he should be punching.

Personally I don't think Robinson should have been dropped

Blame mc call not bell he wasn't ready to play and he's probably totally cheesed off Robinson in the process the guys a nugget

McCulloch is a weak link and bell has been brought back too early should have kept Robinson in..however this might not go down well but I think Wallace is also a weak link in defence the amount of times he's out of position is not real and I've lost count the amount of times he loses his man at corners and free kicks ..yes going forward he can be really good at times but defending wise he is atrocious

McCulloch is a weak link and bell has been brought back too early should have kept Robinson in..however this might not go down well but I think Wallace is also a weak link in defence the amount of times he's out of position is not real and I've lost count the amount of times he loses his man at corners and free kicks ..yes going forward he can be really good at times but defending wise he is atrocious

You may want to have a look at who was in goals for the QoS game.

Yes because bell won't be risked on artificial surface ..defending was shocking in that game tho at qots

I also don't think McCulloch was playing that game either.

It's baffling that he changed the defence from Raith Rovers, McGregor is by far the best centre-back we have yet he gets punted to RB to make way for King Undroppable

It can only be contractual with McCulloch, SM is a good manager, he surely can see how terrible Lee is

True but he's still awful although I wouldn't say he's the worst defender we have ..he's finished but it's not his fault he's getting picked aswell

I also don't think McCulloch was playing that game either.

For what it's worth I think the CB's should be chosen from McGregor, Zaliukas and Faure. But I think the whole McCulloch thing is something that people have latched on to as we're desperate to find someone to blame for the awful displays.

I know folk will rip into me for the Faure remark but I'm pretty sure he's a CB getting thrown into RB to fill a hole. I think he's a good tackler but just not the most comfortable going forward down the wing, as most CB's would be.

I don't actually think McGregor looks any more comfortable at RB on the ball but just about gets away with it and is a solid defender. The amount of times he gets the ball out to him only to fire it back to McCulloch who ends up having to go back to Bell or across to Zaliukas, because nobody is giving him an option elsewhere, and McCulloch ends up getting booed.

Other than that ridiculous elbow against Hearts, I don't think McCulloch has been that much worse than some of our other players, i.e. Wallace, who's been AWOL for 3/4 of the season, Law, Boyd, Templeton, Hutton, Mohsni and the list goes on.

As I say, I think there should be others chosen before him but I think Jig gets a lot of undue grief.

For what it's worth I think the CB's should be chosen from McGregor, Zaliukas and Faure. But I think the whole McCulloch thing is something that people have latched on to as we're desperate to find someone to blame for the awful displays.

I know folk will rip into me for the Faure remark but I'm pretty sure he's a CB getting thrown into RB to fill a hole. I think he's a good tackler but just not the most comfortable going forward down the wing, as most CB's would be.

I don't actually think McGregor looks any more comfortable at RB on the ball but just about gets away with it and is a solid defender. The amount of times he gets the ball out to him only to fire it back to McCulloch who ends up having to go back to Bell or across to Zaliukas, because nobody is giving him an option elsewhere, and McCulloch ends up getting booed.

Other than that ridiculous elbow against Hearts, I don't think McCulloch has been that much worse than some of our other players, i.e. Wallace, who's been AWOL for 3/4 of the season, Law, Boyd, Templeton, Hutton, Mohsni and the list goes on.

As I say, I think there should be others chosen before him but I think Jig gets a lot of undue grief.

Even if he does nothing wrong though we play worse as a result of him in the team we sit far far too deep to cover his lack of pace and he's no Davie Weir who could make up for lack of pace with his positional sense

Even if he does nothing wrong though we play worse as a result of him in the team we sit far far too deep to cover his lack of pace and he's no Davie Weir who could make up for lack of pace with his positional sense

I agree, I don't think he should be first choice but I think our lack of goals is more of a concern that his failings at CB.

As a defender in my playing days I was always pissed off at the amount of chances inept attacking players would squander or not create in the first place so I always like to look at the match stats after a game to see how the forwards have done.

Even though we had something like 60% of the possession the other night I think we only had three shots on target and I'm pretty sure the stats have been very similar all season. I don't think our defence is immune from criticism but I do believe they do a better job than our attacking players.

I agree, I don't think he should be first choice but I think our lack of goals is more of a concern that his failings at CB.

As a defender in my playing days I was always pissed off at the amount of chances inept attacking players would squander or not create in the first place so I always like to look at the match stats after a game to see how the forwards have done.

Even though we had something like 60% of the possession the other night I think we only had three shots on target and I'm pretty sure the stats have been very similar all season. I don't think our defence is immune from criticism but I do believe they do a better job than our attacking players.

I reckon a lot of that stems from not pushing far enough up tho the midfield and attack are too far apart,how often do we see Miller and Clark dropping back almost into midfield to get the ball it's either that or s punt up the park,press higher up get more pace into the defence and we'll create more chances imo

I reckon a lot of that stems from not pushing far enough up tho the midfield and attack are too far apart,how often do we see Miller and Clark dropping back almost into midfield to get the ball it's either that or s punt up the park,press higher up get more pace into the defence and we'll create more chances imo

Aye, fair point. There is certainly something lacking between the midfield and the forwards and it might just be the fact that everyone is sitting too deep.

As I say, I don't think Jig should be first choice but I think he is largely being made into a scapegoat for poor overall team performances this season.

Aye, fair point. There is certainly something lacking between the midfield and the forwards and it might just be the fact that everyone is sitting too deep.

As I say, I don't think Jig should be first choice but I think he is largely being made into a scapegoat for poor overall team performances this season.

if we are going to go route one at times when chasing a game then Jig would be a far better option up front than bringing Boyd on

You may want to have a look at who was in goals for the QoS game.

I have but can't remember any mistakes in that game

Totally exposed for the goals including an own goal a screamer and a one on one.

Every keeper in the league gas probably conceded 3 goals this season including alexander are they all useless?

Bells another of the untouchables which includes Wallace law and mc culloch

Hes been so lucky, his mistakes haven't cost points he is running scared at the moment and has no confidence whatsoever only looks comfitable whens hes playing short balls out to the defence

But time will tell it's all opinions

Well hopefully when season is over we won't be talking about this ..jig won't be here anyway but hopefully we sign a few defenders for next season and even a solid left back who can defend same at right back and a proper centre half ..hoping mcgregor keeps improving he's got something he's not the best but he's solid enough ..I'm really disappointed with Wallace I said it in another thread he loses his man constantly at corners and free kicks his defending is woeful ..remember when Alan Hutton used to get caught with a ball inside all the time that happens to Wallace too they are similar going forward but not good defenders