Billy Boys Legality?

GTMLivo

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys quick question.

I know you can be locked up for singing The Billy Boys during match day and stuff but whats the legality of singing it in general like not during football days?

Instead of being charged under the Focus legislation you'd be charged with a religiously aggravated breach of the peace.

Singing about being up to your knees in fenian blood anywhere isn't the wisest move and will likely see you lifted.

I sing it when I'm sitting on the sofa, watching the game on the TV.

Should I make sure all windows are closed, when pished I have a tendency to open the windows wide, and sing even louder. Maybe this is the reason I watch the games on my own these days?

No one likes us, and we don't care. We're a bunch of Billy Nomates Boys!

People are still being lambasted when they change the Fenian blood to something else...yet it's acceptable to be up to your knees in Arab,Killie,Hibees blood....

They wouldn't have a leg to stand on should we change it to rebel or Sellik...

People are still being lambasted when they change the Fenian blood to something else...yet it's acceptable to be up to your knees in Arab,Killie,Hibees blood....

They wouldn't have a leg to stand on should we change it to rebel or Sellik...

I think that's more a case of the police and the offended looking the other way when others sing with the word changes.

We are being targeted, I have no doubt about this and bringing other situations in as a defence won't give you an out.

I think you lot cut your own noses off sometimes and are dictated to. Firstly, the power of Rangers fans cannot be underestimated, so if a whole away allocation or a strong home showing are singing it the authorities will be more or less powerless.

Secondly, as has been said, if you want to sing it and not get lifted then just change the words. I'd prefer the former option but REBEL blood seems a good turn to me.

Fuck the plastic laws off.

I think you lot cut your own noses off sometimes and are dictated to. Firstly, the power of Rangers fans cannot be underestimated, so if a whole away allocation or a strong home showing are singing it the authorities will be more or less powerless.

Secondly, as has been said, if you want to sing it and not get lifted then just change the words. I'd prefer the former option but REBEL blood seems a good turn to me.

I sing it when I'm sitting on the sofa, watching the game on the TV.

Should I make sure all windows are closed, when pished I have a tendency to open the windows wide, and sing even louder. Maybe this is the reason I watch the games on my own these days?

No one likes us, and we don't care. We're a bunch of Billy Nomates Boys!

I do the exact same with the Rihanna, Kanye and McCartney song fourfiveseconds.

The authorities won't be powerless at all. They will just lift a selection of people. I don't think there's a legal defence for 'aye, but everyone else was singing too'.

It's against the law, stop singing it and you won't get the jail, or have Rangers be hit with fines/points deductions/stadium bans.

Move on, and sing about Rangers instead.

The authorities won't be powerless at all. They will just lift a selection of people. I don't think there's a legal defence for 'aye, but everyone else was singing too'.

It's against the law, stop singing it and you won't get the jail, or have Rangers be hit with fines/points deductions/stadium bans.

Move on, and sing about Rangers instead.

This is the big thing for me. There's a debate to be had about why people in the 21st century want to sing about being up to their knees in fenian blood, but for me the most pressing thing is people doing something that they know will harm the club.

I'd agree with a change to rebel or Sellik.

The connotations of the word fenian in Scotland just make it a stupid thing to do.

Change the word and move on.

Im sure it woudnt be long before the odious Spiers came along to tell everyone that "rebel" or "sellick" actually means Catholic.

We have apologists amongst us, that's why its banned.

This is a law of persecution. Fuck them and sing it all day long. Appease them, you're as well being dead!

You cannot sing it under law, but the law doesn't change your thoughts. Taigs are taigs and will always be reviled.

Tell you what, how about getting yourself arrested for singing it and taking it through the legal system...

We have apologists amongst us, that's why its banned.

This is a law of persecution. Fuck them and sing it all day long. Appease them, you're as well being dead!

You cannot sing it under law, but the law doesn't change your thoughts. Taigs are taigs and will always be reviled.

No, it's banned because we're in the 21st century. Attitudes like yours damage our club.

I'm totally lost as to why someone would want to sing something like that, but if you really want to you can sing it in your house. Don't harm my club.

No, it's banned because we're in the 21st century. Attitudes like yours damage our club.

I'm totally lost as to why someone would want to sing something like that, but if you really want to you can sing it in your house. Don't harm my club.

Was it also your club when tens of thousands sang the same words with the same sentiments at big matches over the last 40 or so years?

Or have you just become offended by Rangers fans singing traditional Rangers songs since the authorities deemed it an offence?

Indeed I also wonder if you were one of the very few who attended matches and did not sing it.

Your club? I'd lose you.

It's people with apologist attitudes like yours that got us here in the first place.

So hurry along and get over yourself.

They can fine the club.