Billy Boys Legality?

GTMLivo

There were 19 arrests at the ground on tje day of the last OF. 10 were for 'sectarian breach of the peace.

The club have also been punished by UEFA for singing certain songs. So this notion that everyone gets away without any repercussions is a not really accurate.

thats a bit vague mate, 19 arrests? 10 sectarian BOP?

all Rangers fans?? all singing the billy boys?? the op is about the BB not sectarianism.

when were we last fined from uefa? and was that not for singing FTP??

unless the police have recordings of you singing the song and its naughty word, u can deny all knowledge and theres not a thing they can do without proof.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's banned because we're in the 21st century. Attitudes like yours damage our club.

I'm totally lost as to why someone would want to sing something like that, but if you really want to you can sing it in your house. Don't harm my club.

Do the hairs on the back of your neck not stand up when 50000 Rangers fans are singing it? There's not a feeling like it when we are all belting out the Billy Boys and making ourselves heard to the opposition.

I do not understand people who are offended by words, whatever happened to sticks and stones, etc.

a fenian is an Irish rebel who hates me and my country and everything that i stand for who denounce the crown and would bomb kill and maim my ppl, they are not a race! like blacks Muslims, chinks, Irish, Scottish. these are a group of ppl who have sheltered the Nazi ffs. its ppl like u who think fenian means Catholics who have got us in this predicament . I would gladly be up to my knees in fenian blood.

So wheres the anti ISIS or Al qaeda songs? They hate us, and would bomb and our country and people.

No, you're not getting off the hook that easily.

What on earth do muslim clerics have to do with what Rangers fans sing at games? Literally no part of your post is relevant to this discussion or makes any sense.

Why do you want to sing about 'fenians' at a Rangers game? What's wrong in your brain that makes you think that is ok?

Because we still despise you bastards who wanted to sing songs celebrating killing British citizens.

Celtic fans are Fenians and its fuck all to do with being catholic

Because we still despise you bastards who wanted to sing songs celebrating killing British citizens.

Celtic fans are Fenians and its fuck all to do with being catholic

'You bastards'? What are you on about?

I don't care how other clubs' fans behave. I care about our club and how our fans behave and how that impacts on the image and perception of our club.

You're happy for us to look like bigots. I'm not.

'You bastards'? What are you on about?

I don't care how other clubs' fans behave. I care about our club and how our fans behave and how that impacts on the image and perception of our club.

You're happy for us to look like bigots. I'm not.

You're not a Rangers fan. Fuck off

No, I'm not a Rangers fan 'like you'.

I'm a Rangers fan like my old man was and his old man was. Rangers were my local team and will always be my team. It makes me sick to see some people happy to drag our club through the mud.

I'm hardly alone. Most of my Rangers mates find this stuff embarrassing too. This is the 21st century.

No, I'm not a Rangers fan 'like you'.

I'm a Rangers fan like my old man was and his old man was. Rangers were my local team and will always be my team. It makes me sick to see some people happy to drag our club through the mud.

I'm hardly alone. Most of my Rangers mates find this stuff embarrassing too. This is the 21st century.

So to be clear, anyone that doesn't share your opinion and dogma is Not a Rangers fan? Is that correct?

So Walter Smith who said that there is no place for these songs in football, isn't a Rangers man, or The late Davie Cooper, who had a well documented dislike of the bigotry and songs, isn't a Rangers legend in your eyes then?

Then you are sad and small minded petty people and you have my sympathy.

So to be clear, anyone that doesn't share your opinion and dogma is Not a Rangers fan? Is that correct?

So Walter Smith who said that there is no place for these songs in football, isn't a Rangers man, or The late Davie Cooper, who had a well documented dislike of the bigotry and songs, isn't a Rangers legend in your eyes then?

Then you are sad and small minded petty people and you have my sympathy.

What SWS says in public and in private are totally different :matron:

thats a bit vague mate, 19 arrests? 10 sectarian BOP?

all Rangers fans?? all singing the billy boys?? the op is about the BB not sectarianism.

when were we last fined from uefa? and was that not for singing FTP??

unless the police have recordings of you singing the song and its naughty word, u can deny all knowledge and theres not a thing they can do without proof.

Well at the very least one of them was and wound up in a custodial sentence along with the usual suspects lining up in the press to hammer us.

If you get nicked, video evidence or not, you can still get a conviction for it. It'd all come down to your word vs Plod.

No way, you would just lecture us on how offensive it is to isis if someone came up with a song.

Would I really? Like how I've constantly argued it's offensive to Celtic fans when we sing about fenians? Or, as has been the case EVERY time I've participated in these debates, has it been about the risk to Rangers fans and the club? I couldn't give a fuck less if we offend celtic fans, catholics, the pope, Jews, muslims or the wee free's. If it pits bears at the risk of arrest and possible jail time and risks the club being punished or having its name dragged through the mud yet again then it's just not worth the grief.