Hardie, Murdoch And Walsh

Tumshie

How mystifying must it have been for those youngsters at the start of the season being constantly overlooked while McCoist's team served up one pish performance after another? Anyone with half a brain cell could see we were crying out for an injection of youth rather than the shite that we were being served up week after week.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many ex Gers men were told by Ally they would be playing every week when they signed up.

I can think of no other reason why these type of players were not introduced earlier, whilst seasoned experienced, successful ex SPL players were under-performing.

They've done well but there not world beaters. I doubt it would have made too much of a difference.

They might not be world beaters but they are a million miles better than some of the dross that was playing. The young lads have been giving 100% for a start.

Too many players were playing week after week without actually meriting it and that was leading to players coasting, half assing it and basically not caring all that much.

The youngsters aren't the finished article by any means and in the long term they might not make it, but they were exactly what we needed when we started toiling around about October/November.

The team was crying out for the injection of arrogance, energy and freshness that talented youngsters can bring to a team that is toiling like we were and to an extent still are.

They might not be world beaters but they are a million miles better than some of the dross that was playing. The young lads have been giving 100% for a start.

They have given 100%. I still think they're a bit a way from being the finished product as you would expect given there age. I look at Aird though who played practically every game and he never got any better.

Well done these players. Would like to see Gallagher playing some more too. Add Fraser Aird who was getting games at the start of the season and Crawford and maybe some sunshine starts to emerge from one of the darkest seasons in our history.

Still think Aird might make a conversion to RB

Just imagine the impact they might have had at the start of the season if that cunt mccoist had used the last 10 meaningless games of last season to blood them. OK, they may not be world beaters but there is undoubtedly talent in our youth set up , it's about time we started taking advantage of it.

Ally McCoist gave plenty of youth players their debuts, some worked, some didnt and most importantly some may well turn out to be good enough in the future. I think its time to move on now, rather than keep looking back and wishing what could have been. He did imo try to give enough young players there chance, sadly for them they didnt grab it.

These players mentioned might well turn out to be excellent but lets not get carried away here, theres a long road in front of them yet

Ally McCoist gave plenty of youth players their debuts, some worked, some didnt and most importantly some may well turn out to be good enough in the future. I think its time to move on now, rather than keep looking back and wishing what could have been. He did imo try to give enough young players there chance, sadly for them they didnt grab it.

These players mentioned might well turn out to be excellent but lets not get carried away here, theres a long road in front of them yet

McCoist at the first chance , got as many young players out the team for has beens that never performed. He never gave youth a chance,he played them cause he had to . It's relevant now as the youth are truly getting their chance now and it's showing how inept he was at developing the youth into first team players.

McCoist at the first chance , got as many young players out the team for has beens that never performed. He never gave youth a chance,he played them cause he had to . It's relevant now as the youth are truly getting their chance now and it's showing how inept he was at developing the youth into first team players.

Your right about bring in experienced players for younger ones but in Lewis and Aird he did play these players regurlarly, I havent the stats at hand but be interesting to see how many he gave a start to. I am not saying he got his system wrong or how we played but he certainly gave youngsters there chance, if he hadnt recalled Gallagher from his loan spell with East Stirling and put him in the squad we may never knew anything about him.

I get the fact that his time as a manager never worked out, I dont believe he deliberately avoided playing players because of age rather than actual ability.

Your right about bring in experienced players for younger ones but in Lewis and Aird he did play these players regurlarly, I havent the stats at hand but be interesting to see how many he gave a start to. I am not saying he got his system wrong or how we played but he certainly gave youngsters there chance, if he hadnt recalled Gallagher from his loan spell with East Stirling and put him in the squad we may never knew anything about him.

I get the fact that his time as a manager never worked out, I dont believe he deliberately avoided playing players because of age rather than actual ability.

I agree that age didnt come into his thinking over team selection but I think he trusted experience over ability and that was maybe part of his downfall. Fair point about McLeod, Aird and Gallagher tho Gallagher has to prove the hype people appear to have put on his shoulders.

Our problem for a while has been allowing players that are coasting to continue to start game after game. We have a big playing squad, but we don't seem to use the players we have. McCoist was a stopper for change, and McCall has only been slightly better.

Really excited about the youngsters coming through at the moment who've all came into the first team and played like they've been there for years.

Really makes you wonder if Jim Sinclair really was that bad? Might have been a cunt of a character but you can't fault the players who've came through under his time here - Macleod, Ness, McCabe, D.Wilson, Murdoch, Walsh, Hardie, Gallagher & a few I've probably forgot.

I'll admit I've never met the guy so could be completely wrong on that but from the outside looking in, that's a pretty healthy batch of good players there.