Hardie, Murdoch And Walsh

Tumshie

No I don't think it's any kind of pessimism, I can imagine that happening as well. The problem being the youth players need some strong seasoned players in there who can motivate the team when things aren't going their way. But, look at the performances of players of our supposed leaders like McCulloch, Black, Wallace etc - they can't even motivate themselves when things are not going well. I see the youths as being a separate entity just now from the rest of the team, and I just hope things keep going well for them.

I think judging them different from the rest of this squad is a good way to go. They deserve time whilst the majority of this squad don't and should be offloaded in the summer. Hopefully Hardie gets another shot up front against Falkirk and gets on the scoresheet again. We need someone to score goals and he took them confidently.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right about bring in experienced players for younger ones but in Lewis and Aird he did play these players regurlarly, I havent the stats at hand but be interesting to see how many he gave a start to. I am not saying he got his system wrong or how we played but he certainly gave youngsters there chance, if he hadnt recalled Gallagher from his loan spell with East Stirling and put him in the squad we may never knew anything about him.

I get the fact that his time as a manager never worked out, I dont believe he deliberately avoided playing players because of age rather than actual ability.

It was more to do with him being totally clueless as a manager.

The lads have done well now add McLeod to that mix and Gallagher up top and Hearts would have been the team fighting for a playoff in to go up. I still see a team of

Bell

Sinnamon, McGregor, Streete Wallace

Walsh Murdoch Allan,Vuckic

Hardie Gallacher

As our main team. Any monies for transfers given over to Allan, Vuckic and Streete (or the latter 2 loans extended).

I am not sure of the contract status of Shane Ferguson but he may also be an option for extension of contract as he is going no where at Newcastle.

We need the monies available for investment spent on infrastructure next year with investment in players to be focused on developing our own with only small amounts spent on purchases, the days of Rangers (or anyone in Scotland) spending even a couple of million on players in a transfer window are long over.

It was more to do with him being totally clueless as a manager.

Ok if thats how you see it but for me I dont imagine him saying Temps you have shown really well in training this week but I am going to stick with Aird becuase he is younger or drop MacLoud for Sheils on the basis sheils is older.

Imo he picked players he thought would help to win games on the basis of current form rather than because of age, any way seems I am going round in circles here.

Why dont you carry on with your view and I will carry on with mine, we are Rangers fans after all