Mccoist And Youths

stewaj3

in his time as manager he played

Kyle hutton, lewis macleod, Barrie mckay, John fleck, Greg Wylde, calum gallacher, kyle macausland, kane hemmings, andy little (was young and untried when McCoist played him) nicky clark, darren Cole, andy Murdoch, Tom Walsh, ryan hardie, fraser aird, Charlie telfer, Ross perry, hegarty (forgot his first name he was that shite) Andy Mitchell and maybe more....

I think it's a myth that he never gave youth a game.

I think it would just be easier to say he's a shite manager and leave it at that.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stewaj3, do you think McCoist was a good manager? because most would agree he was the worst manager we've ever had. I do not understand the defending of him, he's still leaching a huge amount of cash from our club while sitting on his arse, and he's sitting on his arse because he was so inept and untalented as a manager.

Mc coist played them when he had no choice in the lowest tier

He then took the option to buy players and played them

even when they had lost form and then ditched barrie mc kay

for no rational reason.

He praised callum gallagher and it was like the Kiss of Death !

Never to be seen again.

in his time as manager he played

Kyle hutton, lewis macleod, Barrie mckay, John fleck, Greg Wylde, calum gallacher, kyle macausland, kane hemmings, andy little (was young and untried when McCoist played him) nicky clark, darren Cole, andy Murdoch, Tom Walsh, ryan hardie, fraser aird, Charlie telfer, Ross perry, hegarty (forgot his first name he was that shite) Andy Mitchell and maybe more....

I think it's a myth that he never gave youth a game.

I think it would just be easier to say he's a shite manager and leave it at that.

Hes shit was a shit Manager, that turned into a spiv and is no longer welcomed by many fans, this is clutch as straws, how many of them where played in their postion?

Aye, he played Telfer so much he stayed!

Half of those boys were given a measly amount of minutes or played in the 3rd Division when he was choking to waste more money on dross to play in front of them.

Let's not kid ourselves on here, the guy was an imposter.

By default, in all honesty

McKay got in when we barely had a team. As soon as everything settled down, he barely started another match

Would MacLeod have got in the team had McCoist succeeded in signing another midfielder? He wanted to sign a veteran Greek and a German called Fink, but both turned us down (Fink because we wanted him to come on trial first)

He gave enough youths a chance in League 2, but not in League 1 IMO.

The fact that we signed the likes of Smith, Peralta, Law, Foster, Daly, etc made it too difficult for them to get a chance.

McCoist only played youngsters when someone was injured or banned . Walter smith was same he almsot sold barry freguson when he was youngster. He was not keen in playing fleck if mind right . Ness and wylde never had long hand games under him either . Mccall been 1st manage since big eck that willing play youngsters of his own back .