Shakhtar Donetsk

G.E.C.

6 players refusing to return due to the ongoing conflict in Ukraine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/28399320

I do hope they been authorised to hold this political view about a matter close to their own safety.

You cannot hold such positions without gaining prior endorsement from the groin brigade's morality police.

Interesting to see what EUFA reaction to this will be.

Reminds me of the time when we were asked to play EUFA cup tie in a 'war zone' and refused. But for 9-11 happening two days before the tie was due to be played, EUFA were on course to throw us out of the competition.

The real question is whether or not UEFA will implement a ban on any club from the rebel areas of the Ukraine. Personally I believe they should have banned Russia and its clubs from all competitions and held a new ballot for the hosting of World Cup in 2018. Having said that there's no way they'd do it as Gazprom is a major sponsor of the CL, and as we all know UEFA and FIFA love one thing more than football and that's money

I do hope they been authorised to hold this political view about a matter close to their own safety.

You cannot hold such positions without gaining prior endorsement from the groin brigade's morality police.

On the one hand the Ukrainians are an oppressed people, on the other, they helped the Germans masacre a couple of million Jews. Expect the Ukraine flag to be flying at the piggery.

On the one hand the Ukrainians are an oppressed people, on the other, they helped the Germans masacre a couple of million Jews. Expect the Ukraine flag to be flying at the piggery.

'The Ukrainians' did this, did they? Usual fucking nonsense, ignorant, lazy generalisations. You should be more careful and precise with such severe accusations.

Bear in mind that the holocaust in Ukraine cost the lives of just under a million Jews, but also 3 times as many non-Jewish Ukrainians. Several million were deported as slave labour as well. The plan was to exterminate about 2/3 of the Ukrainian population (Generalplan Ost). That some Ukrainians collaborated does not mean 'the Ukrainians' helped the Germans, implying it was some national effort.

Balance the few hundred thousand collaborators against the numbers killed fighting the Germans. The same number of Ukrainians were killed fighting the Germans as UK, US and French soldiers combined.

Interesting to see what EUFA reaction to this will be.

Reminds me of the time when we were asked to play EUFA cup tie in a 'war zone' and refused. But for 9-11 happening two days before the tie was due to be played, EUFA were on course to throw us out of the competition.

We were due to find out the result on the day of 9/11.

I was flicking over the channels to find if the verdict was out when I saw what had happened in the US.