Forster

G.E.C.

Tims turn down bid from Southampton.

Celtic have rejected a bid from Southampton for England international goalkeeper Fraser Forster.

Sources close to the Scottish champions say they do not want to sell the 26-year-old and describe the offer from St Mary's as "derisory".

They added that the bid was well below the widely reported £7.5m figure.

Downsizing but they have a pot of money to splash next season when we return. They have been in two CLs and possibly a third this season. We wont be able to compete financially but hopefully we can on the park.

I don't think those in charge of the dark side have any intention of splashing the cash to be honest.

I don't think those in charge of the dark side have any intention of splashing the cash to be honest.

Sold Ledley and Hooper and Wanyama for around near 20m odds? Im sure they will spend on our return. Just now nobody will want to come in a one horse league despite CL qualifiers

They'll spend what they think they need to spend to win the premiership, but not a penny more. If they've got £20m, for example, but reckon £5m will do it, that's what they will spend.

That's why they're not years ahead of us as is sometimes said.

Downsizing but they have a pot of money to splash next season when we return. They have been in two CLs and possibly a third this season. We wont be able to compete financially but hopefully we can on the park.

Pish.

The accounts say different and there is no arguing with them.

Think they'll probably sell for about £6mil but claim it was around £10mil.

It does seem like they are downsizing, especially if they don't reinvest much this summer and hopefully makes it easier for us to try and bridge the gap next year

It'll be undisclosed with their friends at the BBC bigging up the price.

Surprised nobody else has come in for him. I thought he was shite originally but have to admit he's improved.

I also thought he was bit of a bombscare for ages but in Europe he performed well and the build up and praise got him the England call ups.

Celtic don't need to spend anything to win SPL the now. They'll probably spend £4m tops this summer if they make CL groups.