***Glasgow 2014 thread***

G.E.C.

I'm just not interested in it one bit

Everyone seems to be excited but its a complete load of shite

When the likes of USA and all the other big nations don't compete , I find it hard to get into it

The worlds & the Olympics yes , this...not so much

I'm just not interested in it one bit

Everyone seems to be excited but its a complete load of shite

When the likes of USA and all the other big nations don't compete , I find it hard to get into it

The worlds & the Olympics yes , this...not so much

The world does not revolve around the USA.....Oh wait it does :lol:

Not greatly interested but will probably watch some of the events on TV when it begins tomorrow.

As for the opening ceremony, I generally give these a body swerve anyway - some arty farty show (usually only of interest to the locals), followed by a long procession of athletes taking photos of the crowd, taking photos of them, and then a few boring speeches. Throw in this one being played out at Snake Mountain with 'performances' from Rod Stewart and Susan Boyle - definitely one to miss. Corry is on the other side anyway.

Just caught the lunchtime news highlighting that half a billion pounds has been spent on the CG. Incredible amount, is this really the best use of taxpayers money to improve Glasgow and particularly its east end?

Looking forward to this to be honest.

I don't really understand the bitterness. Yes Celtic Park is hosting the opener but nobody gives a shit about opening ceremonies and that's all they're getting. Plus the Queen will be there amidst a big celebration of all things Royal which will drive them a bit mad.

Looking forward to the athletics, various cycling events and the triathlon.

Good buzz about the city, great weather, loads of tourists and hopefully a badly needed regeneration of some of our poorest areas.

Given most people on here who ridicule me regarding political leanings are essentially "Ultra Unionists", I'm surprised by the lack of enthusiasm towards an event that epitomizes imperialistic unionism.

On a happier note however, I've got tickets to the 100m final motherfuckers! :party: