New Rangers Lottery

Muirheadbear

Got a phone call tonight from a scouse bird tonight trying to sell a lottery scheme on a direct debit basis claiming it's for youth development. I'm sure it's pucker because she knew my Rangers ST number and other details. It's supposed to be around a quid a week however I'm putting in more than enough money at the moment without this pish.

Anybody else get a call?

I got one too - didn't answer it, then ran it through google - last time they were calling Everton fans, so it looks like they sell lotto subscriptions for several clubs.

I'll email RDF tomorrow and see what they say about it. I'm pretty sure it's legit, but they'll take a hefty fee for signing folk up, when folk can just as easily set up the DD themselves - either by downloading the DD form, or just phoning the RDF office to set one up.

Having just signed up for the Rangers Lotto, I really won't appreciate being pestered to sign up for the Rangers Lotto every day! (tu)

I would urge anyone who gets a similar call NOT to sign up to their scheme, but instead either sign up to ours...

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=272705

or sign up directly with RDF either by phoning them on 0141 427 4914

or online here...

http://www.rangerslo....uk/?page_id=43

:thumbup:

Got one yesterday about it, same scouse woman. She even made a point of highlighting that none of the money goes to the board or, strangely enough, the club itself; only towards the youth development or some such title. That made me think it may be an external company who have negotiated rights to sell a lottery with the Rangers brand or something similar.

I also politely declined for the same reason as you, I spend enough of my hard earned on Rangers. (tu)

Got one yesterday about it, same scouse woman. She even made a point of highlighting that none of the money goes to the board or, strangely enough, the club itself; only towards the youth development or some such title. That made me think it may be an external company who have negotiated rights to sell a lottery with the Rangers brand or something similar.

I also politely declined for the same reason as you, I spend enough of my hard earned on Rangers. (tu)

from what you both say, it is exactly the Rangers Lotto - nothing more, nothing less, and nothing new. (tu)

• 3 weeks later...

I pretty much forgot about this, but Rangers Development Fund have just mentioned it in passing and it reminded me. So...

I can confirm that the Liverpool-based Call Centre company IS acting directly on behalf of Rangers Lotto, trying to urge former online lotto customers to sign up for a £1 a week direct debit. So with that in mind, if you get this call, please consider listening to what they have to say and there's no need to be rude or mistrustful, because the company is definitely working for the Rangers Development Funds' benefit.

Of course, you can also sign up for the Rangers Lotto through the RangersMedia Rangers Lotto Group - Both ways are good!

I pretty much forgot about this, but Rangers Development Fund have just mentioned it in passing and it reminded me. So...

I can confirm that the Liverpool-based Call Centre company IS acting directly on behalf of Rangers Lotto, trying to urge former online lotto customers to sign up for a £1 a week direct debit. So with that in mind, if you get this call, please consider listening to what they have to say and there's no need to be rude or mistrustful, because the company is definitely working for the Rangers Development Funds' benefit.

Of course, you can also sign up for the Rangers Lotto through the RangersMedia Rangers Lotto Group - Both ways are good!

I got a call the last day and signed up to the Ranger's lottery, it was from a very helpful lady with a Scottish accent. I hope she was not based in Nigeria. :D

No joke my mum works on this campaign she works for a telemarketer company and they got the right for the rangers lotto... I can post a picture of a top they sent to her with out second name on it.

She's the scouse bird with a Scottish accent we live in Liverpool but are from Scotland.

She's got me signed up and most my family I assure you all no money goes to the board it's all circulated back into the youth squads is what she tells me.

No joke my mum works on this campaign she works for a telemarketer company and they got the right for the rangers lotto... I can post a picture of a top they sent to her with out second name on it.

She's the scouse bird with a Scottish accent we live in Liverpool but are from Scotland.

She's got me signed up and most my family I assure you all no money goes to the board it's all circulated back into the youth squads is what she tells me.

It's a small world right enough, eh? :lol:

That's good that your mum is happily taking all our money off of us - I won't feel so bad now when I sign you up for your £10 Sponsors' Fund Annual Membership Fee. :thumbup:

(and you're right - every penny generated by Rangers Development Fund goes to financing the Youth Set Up, not to any other part of the club)